Crossfit, love it.

Me and the missis joined a crossfit gym, im sick of being stiff and shot after trucking and running equipment all day, the wife also had alot of health issues the last few years so going to hit it hard. I did an hour this morning from 5am to 6am and work 2 blocks away at 645, man do I feel way better in the truck, should and lower back have zero pain after 1 day. I'm hooked20210528_045053.thumb.jpg.e699902c880438f3d5ade7976ecdf901.jpg

• Like 5

My friend did that for a couple years, she’s pretty ripped,said it became a little too intense, so has dialed it down some now 

• Like 1

More reps, less weight.  If you are doing it to feel better, maintain flexibility, etc.  don’t get into the heavy weight.  Good form and repetition will add to flexibility and strength with lower chance of injury.  When going to max weight/resistance, form will suffer and that is when injuries happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nomorejohndeere said:

be aware that some of the movements, if not done properly, can lead to injuries

X2 guy I know has tore up his shoulder trying to be the next Schwarzenegger.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mudfly said:

More reps, less weight

Yep!

Same philosophy I use.

Used to lift 6-16 ouncers, then went to 8-12 ouncers...

• Haha 4

Your a bit younger than me Rusty.

I tried doing a few situps in bed this morning.

Rocked myself back to sleep ?.             ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Wife loves it   

Really feels younger she says.  Its competition so gives her a goal.  3 years now.  

I stop and say hi.... with a mcmuffin and coffee.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Mudfly said:

More reps, less weight.  If you are doing it to feel better, maintain flexibility, etc.  don’t get into the heavy weight.  Good form and repetition will add to flexibility and strength with lower chance of injury.  When going to max weight/resistance, form will suffer and that is when injuries happen.

For me less weight is alot of weight , my first day was was doing 185 clean and jerks, and im sure I will be at 225 soon, I have always thrown alot around

6 hours ago, Dasnake said:

How far is new ulm from sleepy eye and where you live?

I work 2 blocks from the gym, its a 13 mile drive to new ulm and I work at m.r. paving and exivating just down the road so I go straight to work after my workout

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

be aware that some of the movements, if not done properly, can lead to injuries

I've spent many years in the power lifting and Olympic style lifting, I always was about getting mass and weight so now at crossfit it diles me back some and gets me into the movements and plan  not just getting that 500lbs deadline or 300 clean