Jump to content

Keeping tractor floor mat from moving


acem
 Share

Recommended Posts

I put a nice new floor mat in my 886 last year. It is nice and fits tight, Unfortunately when my wife drives it somehow it gets pushed forward and wrinkled up. It doesn't do that when I drive it but it can't be her fault...

Any suggestions on how to secure it to keep it from moving?

I thought about bolting it to the floor but would rather not.

Thx-Ace 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, acem said:

I put a nice new floor mat in my 886 last year. It is nice and fits tight, Unfortunately when my wife drives it somehow it gets pushed forward and wrinkled up. It doesn't do that when I drive it but it can't be her fault...

Any suggestions on how to secure it to keep it from moving?

I thought about bolting it to the floor but would rather not.

Thx-Ace 

 

Adhesive Velcro strips? Glue some to the floor plate, and the other to the bottom of the mat, it should do what you want done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Throw it out and put it in front of the house door where it belongs, rubber mats only rust cab floors. I have torn the rubber floor and or carpet out of every vehicle/machine without a warranty. Easy clean up and controls the rust. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is not a thin floor mat.

This is the nice thick foam and rubber mat. I think I got it from Mike at triple r tractors.

I don't understand how she pushes it forward...

Thx-Ace 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, acem said:

I put a nice new floor mat in my 886 last year. It is nice and fits tight, Unfortunately when my wife drives it somehow it gets pushed forward and wrinkled up. It doesn't do that when I drive it but it can't be her fault...

Any suggestions on how to secure it to keep it from moving?

I thought about bolting it to the floor but would rather not.

Thx-Ace 

 

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing she is much lighter and therefore using her feet to push back and control the vertical seat movement in order to feel more comfortable. Maybe show her how to adjust vertical seat suspension so it rides better for her. Just darts at the wall.

I put in a @88seriesrestorer floor mat in my 886 last fall and love it. Cab sound went way down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, acem said:

This is not a thin floor mat.

This is the nice thick foam and rubber mat. I think I got it from Mike at triple r tractors.

I don't understand how she pushes it forward...

Thx-Ace 

Is she short enough her feet hang down? Always pushing herself back onto the seat? 
watching a friends daughter mow the lawn the other day while we were visiting, pretty funny actually, the vertically challenged have a heck of a time with what i take for granted... of course i have notches permanently in my skull from what they take for granted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I put the sound proofing foam under my mat.  Added another ½" and seems to make everything snug under all the hold downs and edges.  Also made the front fit better over top of the cab mounting bolts.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She is not short, around 5 7 nor thin...

I guess she is pushing with her feet to steady herself or something. I don't know.

As tight as it fits in the floor I don't think velcro would help. The floor metal is in great shape, no rust and full smooth paint. Remember we don't use salt here. 

Did they use anything to hold the original floor mat in?

Thx-Ace 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IHC5488 said:

I put the sound proofing foam under my mat.  Added another ½" and seems to make everything snug under all the hold downs and edges.  Also made the front fit better over top of the cab mounting bolts.  

I'm guessing my 186 has this as well then? :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, acem said:

She is not short, around 5 7 nor thin...

I guess she is pushing with her feet to steady herself or something. I don't know.

As tight as it fits in the floor I don't think velcro would help. The floor metal is in great shape, no rust and full smooth paint. Remember we don't use salt here. 

Did they use anything to hold the original floor mat in?

Thx-Ace 

There was a small thin piece of rubber mat between the floor plate and mat.....some sound insulation was in there as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know this isn't the answer your looking for but I built 2 from a stall mat. They have nice little ridges that keeps them from getting slick. 3/4" thick. She wouldn't move that one. Promise 

Otherside I'd try velcro first if it were me. You will eventually need in there for a starter or whatever and two sided tape may no let go after a couple years of heat. My 986 had carpet. I would push it forward every time I backed up to a piece of equipment because I need to push my head against the back glass to see the draw bar. I hated that carpet. It was red factory looking. Without anything in there the noise decibels double. No joke

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey wait. What's this stuff called. Vt's comment on drawer liner made me think. my wife buys this stuff for under her rugs in our house on wood floors to keep them in place. It's cheap 

20210529_115814.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...