wrong paint job ?

7 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

werent the 1206 the only ones with the white fender paint job? 

image.png.9a99ae9d383083ff200e31365fe13750.png

Well "Bless His Heart" ain't that Purdy!!   A Rare Naturally Asperated Brother to the 1206,....... Yes,   Only 1206's

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

706 to look like a 1206.......classic example of "all show,  no GO!" ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The 1206 copy is not alone. 300/400's painted like 350/450's. John Deere A,B,G,50,60 and 70's with yellow striped hoods like 520/620/720. The only thing the Allis and Oliver guys could do was repaint their tractors with the later corporate orange or silver like a White. 

• Like 2

The ultimate IH sin,a 1973 black stripe. Pictures from tractor day at school. We like it and besides this is deere country the neighbors don't know the difference between a 706 and a 1586!

20210517_151647.jpg

20210517_120252.jpg

20210517_120205.jpg

• Like 6

You know what would make that 706 complete? A 756 grille. They fit right in. All you need to do is drill two dimples in the top of the cast shell opening for the spring pins.

Last I checked, though, there is no law saying you have to paint your tractor with the exact factory color scheme.

Whoever painted that 706 did a faithful job of recreating the 1206 paint scheme on it. I don't see anyone trying to pass that off as a 1206 at an auction. It's pretty obvious that it is not a 1206.

The 1066 will someday be passed off as a "rare black stripe" by some auctioneer. It is what it is and it will be up to the buyer to be knowledgeable about what they are getting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My 400 has a white grill and I did it to it :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

You know what would make that 706 complete? A 756 grille. They fit right in. All you need to do is drill two dimples in the top of the cast shell opening for the spring pins.

Last I checked, though, there is no law saying you have to paint your tractor with the exact factory color scheme.

Whoever painted that 706 did a faithful job of recreating the 1206 paint scheme on it. I don't see anyone trying to pass that off as a 1206 at an auction. It's pretty obvious that it is not a 1206.

The 1066 will someday be passed off as a "rare black stripe" by some auctioneer. It is what it is and it will be up to the buyer to be knowledgeable about what they are getting.

Yah kind of like the fifty gazillion gold demos that seam to be sprouting up like dandelions . 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, lorenzo said:

When you own it you can paint it any color you prefer.

x10

• Like 2

At Canandaigua there was a letter series Farmall painted green. Not just green, but with bought-from-the-dealership JD green paint.

It was awesome. I know a few of the two cylinder club guys and intentionally mentioned it to them, just to bristle them up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Wrong" by factory/originality standards, but a fellow can do as they wish with their own machine. Not my cup of tea but not my tractor.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KY2674 said:

The ultimate IH sin,a 1973 black stripe. Pictures from tractor day at school. We like it and besides this is deere country the neighbors don't know the difference between a 706 and a 1586!

20210517_151647.jpg

20210517_120252.jpg

20210517_120205.jpg

Anybody who's head is higher then the hood, and still not standing up straight can paint their tractor any which way as they choose!!!  

Matt

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, IHC5488 said:

Anybody who's head is higher then the hood, and still not standing up straight can paint their tractor any which way as they choose!!!  

Matt

Ha ha yes! 15 yrs old and 5 inches taller than me. Unfortunately he takes after me and could care less about sports even though the coaches are always after him!