"Work Safe "...on the farm....What a copulating joke....

The Rainbow   Station  was duly scheduled   for this years  "'Work Safe NZ" visit......couple days gone....
I am banned from  speaking to these sort of Govt parasite's....this due to my advancing years and ingrained habits that do not conform with today's   "new age ideals "

Thus my involvement  was limited to putting seatbelts in an ancient J Deere   1640   tractor.....and putting big stickers on two Feul tanks.....Simple enough....

However, this mid twenties female servant of our Nation.......stated that the Petrol Tank...a tripod affair which has stood for forty years or more, is now deemed dangerous...and could ''fall over, when getting filled up"...OK   with that disturbing thought in mind..I approached it carefully...and put on  the nice shiney new sticker...which told us what had been known for decades..that it contained "petrol "

Except..I placed the sticker on the side of the tank...not on the front, where "Work Safe NZ "" had instructed it to be placed.....

Same female person comes back a few days later....to check that all "Safety   Updates "  are completed.....Also brought large glossy   covered pictorials re  Raising Sheep /   Raising   Cattle  /   Raising    Horses /    Operating Tractors  and General Farm Safety Habits...Very Helpfull......:mellow:

However, the thing that obviously disturbed  her was the "Incorrectly  placed warning sticker''....Thus I was summoned...(just about to head home to catch up there with work..)...and I explained to the Lady...that due to her timely warning ..re the now dangerous tank....and the possibility that it could topple   over at any time...and end up  lying on its side...I placed the sticker on the side , so we could still identify the contents...........  I guess you had to be there.....:D

The look she gave me said it all......thus I just said..very politely....""The feeling's mutual   Ma'am  "

Mike

IMG_1369.JPG

• Like 7
  • Haha 21

That's great !!!

• Like 1

Sigh.  Nothing like having ‘overseers’ that “don’t know enough to know that they don’t know!"

Eventually a person learns to “tell ‘em what they want to hear” and get on with life. 

Thanks for the laugh anyway!

• Like 2

Not sure who said it, but it went something like this: "safety can't be number one - it can be number two at best, or no one would ever do anything."

• Like 4

It really seems like we are relaxing our rules about qualifications for the Office...so can I just put this suggestion out there...

MIKE NEWMAN FOR PRESIDENT!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, TN Hillbilly said:

It really seems like we are relaxing our rules about qualifications for the Office...so can I just put this suggestion out there...

MIKE NEWMAN FOR PRESIDENT!!

But you have to be a US ...... citizen......wait..... Obama...... never mind.....   

IM IN!   He’s got my vote. Can run on the lever action theory, load him on Sunday and he can fire shots at the idiots all week!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Safety Third!

The words one fears, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

Get the Vaseline and bend over. It will only hurt a little.

Why are people more concerned about me than I am?

The list goes, on, and on, and on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Safety Third!

Perfect.

• Like 1

PRICELESS?

Mike you should have took her in front of the fire, given her some Black Billy Tea and smoothed her out.

Think she's getting a crush on you and will find ways to get back to "educate" you in the ways of the modern world ?

Hope the "old cook's doesn't find out about your new girlfriend ?

• Haha 4

Mike,

Did this pretty lass have any comments upon your placement of cordite for final drive removal in the excavator?  Specifically, was it in the correct position rotationally?

I might not be able to sleep knowing that your fuel tank sticker was placed upon the side of the round tank.  It seems a bit like telling a poorly behaved child to stand in the corner of a round room.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Mike,

Did this pretty lass have any comments upon your placement of cordite for final drive removal in the excavator?  Specifically, was it in the correct position rotationally?

I might not be able to sleep knowing that your fuel tank sticker was placed upon the side of the round tank.  It seems a bit like telling a poorly behaved child to stand in the corner of a round room.....

Re my question above - should he have put it on the bottom or the top?

And I don't see any mention of "pretty" in his description and based on previous comments one might assume - - ?

17 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

Re my question above - should he have put it on the bottom or the top?

And I don't see any mention of "pretty" in his description and based on previous comments one might assume - - ?

I most certainly did assume, so in the interest of clarity and clarification Mike had ought to provide us with pictures of said inspector!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

I most certainly did assume, so in the interest of clarity and clarification Mike had ought to provide us with pictures of said inspector!

What you might refer to as peer review

I believe he meant that he put the sticker on its own side, (i.e. rotated 90 degrees) so when the tank tips over -at any time ?- it will then be right side up.

'least that's what I understood.

• Thanks 2

Wait if the tank is a cylinder standing up in that manner, there can't be a front side or a back side, or any side for that matter. Should have asked her how you put the sticker on the wrong side of a shape without sides

The government gets the VERY BEST help money can buy. Fuel and pesticide storage needs to be "checked" by Fruits and Nuts as well as pay a "fee" for the privilege to keep such on the farm or ranch. 

My dad had a WW2 surplus tank of about 2000 gallon for diesel storage. Twenty years or so ago the rule was made a farm can only store 10,000 gallons of petroleum products, and no one tank bigger 1100 g.  ? A lot of firemen here is there that much difference in the BOOM of 1000 compared to 2000 going off at once.   I was still using 2000 g tank, got a call they where coming today to look things over. I waited wondering how things where going to go, waiting some more. The phone rings the kid coming from the government, is out of gas in the government car 3 miles away. I took him 5 g of gas, he could not see anything that needed fixing at my place. Something tells me he may not of lasted long or at least he never got away from his desk. ?

With all the inspection a lumber yard gave ? me a 1100 g tank less than 10 years old so it would just be gone. So I am in compliance until the next inspector shows up.

Keep smiling Mike. ? And stand clear of the death trap of a tank, cause I don't know if can fill the tank on a Ute and read the safety rules at the same time.?

• Like 3

Well Mike... I have seen them topple over full of fuel. Bump a leg with a tractor and they crumple like a can and topple. Another sure fire way is to leave the hose in whatever you filling and drive off. No not me done it.... even seen a 2000 liter roll over. Having said that we still have them tanks. With no stickers on em either.

Anyhow, this is what is known as a lightening rod. The incorrectly placed sticker gets their attention as something they can ping ya for. They feel better that they got ya for something and don't look further than that. Sometimes the small errors are helpful over all ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sandhiller said:

PRICELESS?

Mike you should have took her in front of the fire, given her some Black Billy Tea and smoothed her out.

Think she's getting a crush on you and will find ways to get back to "educate" you in the ways of the modern world ?

Hope the "old cook's doesn't find out about your new girlfriend ?

Jeff......you  disappoint me....with that  lewd suggestion.....".Black Billy Tea  and smoothed her out....:o"

..might have worked forty  years ago......NOT  with a Govt. Employee      though....:mellow:

....there is only one person that would get screwed messing   with a Govt    Civil Servant.....Guess who that would be??..:rolleyes:

....besides......I am far to old to rehabilitate into this "modern world" as you rightly call it....:ph34r:

Mike

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mike newman said:

Jeff......you  disappoint me....with that  lewd suggestion.....".Black Billy Tea  and smoothed her out....:o"

..might have worked forty  years ago......NOT  with a Govt. Employee      though....:mellow:

....there is only one person that would get screwed messing   with a Govt    Civil Servant.....Guess who that would be??..:rolleyes:

....besides......I am far to old to rehabilitate into this "modern world" as you rightly call it....:ph34r:

Mike

Nothing 'lewd" intended Mike.

Simply using your years of dealing with gov drones to reprogram her over to your side?

Unfair advantage to you, but when in a street fight...........

When you want a cow to go somewhere, you get her to think it's her idea.?