966 hydro

40 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

That right there would be the third ultimate Tomato Harvester tractor, behing a MFD 3488 and MFD 186.............

3488 and the 186 both need a windmill added to complete their desirability for working them 

40 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

That right there would be the third ultimate Tomato Harvester tractor, behing a MFD 3488 and MFD 186.............

3488 and the 186 both need a windmill added to complete their desirability for working them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

They feed cows with it and of all things it has a JD 158 loader mounted on it

On 5/26/2021 at 11:44 PM, FarmerFixEmUp said:

3488's had a D466 engine. Wonder why they didn't just use a turbo engine? I can't think of anything else that uses that engine.  Early 1640 combines maybe?   

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/3/8/380-international-harvester-3488-engine.html

1822 CaseIH cotton picker used the D466 engine also.

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2021 at 9:29 PM, FarmallFan said:

1026 came before 966/1066. The 1026 was made along side the 56 series.

They could have called the 1026 a 1256 Hydro, I believe.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:32 PM, searcyfarms said:

That tractor is the typical jockey BS story!

I went to look at the tractor at the end of March 2020, it was a 6 1/2 hour drive from my place (East of Quebec City) That tractor has over 17,000 hours, the top of the cab roof was Totally rusted out and they put an aluminum plate on it, At the back of the cab roof above the filter box I was able to put my finger through the rust. The Hydro was weak and didn’t take much to make it slip once it warmed up, one brake was sticking on, one hub was cracked, and one of the three point hitch arms was not an international original, and most of the lights didn’t work on it either. It had a reman engine in it with about 3000 hours on it. It spent most of its life on a mixer wagon to feed the Dairyherd. They bought it used in 1990.

I offered them $8000 for it but they refused, they said they wouldn’t let it go for anything less than $10,000, so I drove home without it!

On 5/26/2021 at 10:34 PM, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

Most of You Folks Know we have Several Hydro's on our Farm.  The Basic Design after the 1026 Were all 966 Hydro's with different Hoods & Cab's.

We Had a Chance to spend some time with the Owners from Herrs Machine Hydrostatics Inc. in Washington KS, at a resent Tractor Show.

These Fella's Shared a Lot of information with Us that Tractor Show Afternoon, We Really Enjoyed The Time they spent with Us.

The Term Large Frame Tractors was very Helpful in describing the Internal Difference's of the Different Hydro Units, 

An 826 Hydro Internals are different from the 966 hydro Internals, even though the Bell Housing will bolt to the Different engines.

We Purchased a Pressure Gauge Kit,  used for checking the "Hydro Internal Pressures" .

This Kit Helped determine we had a Bad "Foot & Inch" Valve problem, We thought our Hydro Pump had failed,... Repaired the Valve, Back in business.

Our First Hydro was a 1970 544 Gas Utility, 2000 Loader,     Second, 1970 1026, a 706 Gas was the trade in tractor.

I Purchased a 1970 Gold Demo Gas 656 Hydro at our Neighbors Farm Sale last fall,  Hasn't run in 10 years, Gave $1700. we will restore it.

Jim Droscha

I too spoke with the guys from Herrs machine when I was at red power round up in Bloomsburg PA, I bought a test kit from them and I had a real good chat with one of the guys, they were awesome to talk to and seem very helpful in answering all my questions!

I have three Hydro 186s and a Hydro 84. I love my hydros!

The first 186 I bought in 2008 it’s got just over 9900 hours on it now and the Hydro is still as strong as can be!

The second one I bought in the fall of 2018 at an auction sale it has just over 2000 original hours on it!

The third one I bought in the spring of 2019, it has a turbo, auxiliary fuel tank and four remote valves, I don’t really know how many hours it has because the guy I bought it from was about the third owner. The Hydro is a little bit weak on that one, but for now it is fine as long as I don’t pull too hard with it.

My Hydro 84 I bought it with a week Hydro, it is fine for a stationary tractor or to move equipment around the yard which is all I do with it. 
 Here are some pictures. 

6375C707-CC44-41D1-B36A-940FE94AC5C8.jpeg

71B3E99D-75AD-4C22-A4C8-63D719F89DBD.jpeg

A4AD5E67-D2F9-4D0D-8B82-CC0FFDF679CD.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

I too spoke with the guys from Herrs machine when I was at red power round up in Bloomsburg PA, I bought a test kit from them and I had a real good chat with one of the guys, they were awesome to talk to and seem very helpful in answering all my questions!

I have three Hydro 186s and a Hydro 84. I love my hydros!

The first 186 I bought in 2008 it’s got just over 9900 hours on it now and the Hydro is still as strong as can be!

The second one I bought in the fall of 2018 at an auction sale it has just over 2000 original hours on it!

The third one I bought in the spring of 2019, it has a turbo, auxiliary fuel tank and four remote valves, I don’t really know how many hours it has because the guy I bought it from was about the third owner. The Hydro is a little bit weak on that one, but for now it is fine as long as I don’t pull too hard with it.

My Hydro 84 I bought it with a week Hydro, it is fine for a stationary tractor or to move equipment around the yard which is all I do with it. 
 Here are some pictures. 

6375C707-CC44-41D1-B36A-940FE94AC5C8.jpeg

71B3E99D-75AD-4C22-A4C8-63D719F89DBD.jpeg

A4AD5E67-D2F9-4D0D-8B82-CC0FFDF679CD.jpeg

Nice lineup

• Thanks 1