Where can I find PDF copies of Farmall tractor manuals?

Where can I find PDF or digital copies of the original OEM Operator's Manual, Parts Manual, and Service Manual for the Model Year 1969 Farmall Custom 856 diesel tractor and Model Year 1969 Farmall 656 gas tractor?  For the 856, I would ideally be seeking the Rev. 5 10-69 version of the operator's manual, plus the "856 Diesel Custom Tractor Supplement."

For my other tractors, I've really found PDF / digital copies of these manuals useful, and it sure would help to get the same for these two Farmall tractors.  Thank you much.

I ordered print copies of original operator, service and parts manuals from Peaceful Creek. 

Been very happy with quality and service. 

Tyler is a good guy. 

I've never seen digital copies of IH manuals online, anywhere, except Cub-related stuff. That's because a very dedicated Cub enthusiast took the time and went to the expense of scanning the manuals in and putting them up on his own website. It was not a trivial effort.

Not sure if you're talking about free downloads or paid for, but for whatever reason, it just isn't done. Paper manuals, or none at all...

If you are willing to pay for them, you can get them through Case IH in PDF format. https://www.dmcretail.com/productSearch.aspx Enter 856 in the model field and then select the type of manual you want to search for. 

• Like 2

On 5/26/2021 at 8:10 AM, FarmallFan said:

If you are willing to pay for them, you can get them through Case IH in PDF format. https://www.dmcretail.com/productSearch.aspx Enter 856 in the model field and then select the type of manual you want to search for. 

That site is what was on my mind when I read the op. It's really handy when you're in a pinch & need the manual now. They also go way back in their history with their selection. JI Case is covered as well. New Holland also has a similar setup.

Mike

On 5/26/2021 at 7:35 AM, Matt Kirsch said:

Yup, and download a virus or ransomware right on to your computer.

X 2 i tried to download a service manual once ,can't remember what for, ended up costing me 150.00 dollars to get the virus wiped from my computer.

On 5/25/2021 at 11:39 PM, sandhiller said:

I ordered print copies of original operator, service and parts manuals from Peaceful Creek. 

Been very happy with quality and service. 

Tyler is a good guy. 

Peaceful Creek... haven't heard of them.  I'll check 'em out.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 9:10 AM, FarmallFan said:

Thanks for the tip.  I called a couple of local Case IH dealers, and these dealers said they can't get manuals in PDF format.  But, sure, I'd be happy to check out that vendor.

On 5/28/2021 at 5:13 AM, planejeff said:

https://www.jensales.com/

On this website you can order online manuals and/or books. I have had good luck with them. It is very easy to navigate the website.  

Best of luck.

I actually had a parts person at a local Case IH dealer recommend Jensales as a good resource for PDF format manuals.  Good to know someone else can vouch for Jensales!  Just to confirm, are the Jensales PDF manuals genuine reproductions of the OEM manuals?  Not just some sort of knockoff manual created by some non-OEM third party?

I would buy a print copy from any one of the vendors, then scan it to PDF. This is to my knowledge not a copyright violation if all copies are for your use, but I'm also not an attorney.