1086 Ambac 100 pump

IHEnnis

Good evening everybody. I am looking for recommendations for a pump shop for my Ambac 100 pump off our 1086. While finishing planting beans we had issues where the governor wouldn’t respond then would pick up RPM. Then soon after it started leaking fuel from the weep hole on the distributer head. I am in Maryland and was wondering if somebody in PA or nearby had a pump shop they would recommend to send it to. Or if somebody had a location to purchase an already refurbished pump and exchange this one for a core. We will need the tractor again around the end of June for planting wheat beans so it needs to be somewhat of a quick turn around. Thank you

C12EE786-53FF-4C2B-B474-E63B0FADDC41.jpeg

922D69DD-5599-470E-A16A-50A926673FDE.jpeg

As a side note, if the hose to the pump is a hydraulic hose, you need to replace it with an original equipment hose. It is a much softer hose that absorbs the fuel pulsations from the gear pump. Hydraulic hose will cause power loss. 

That hose was replaced years ago with a hydraulic hose in a pinch. I will order the correct hose and put it on when I take the pump off. 

16 minutes ago, IHEnnis said:

I will order the correct hose and put it on when I take the pump off. 

688190C1 and elbow 222-768 at filter housing. 

There has to be something near Lancaster pa but I haven't used any of them to know who to recommend

I got ahold of Miller diesel and they are going to get one prepared for an exchange so I can get back going. Thanks for the recommendation they are easy to work with so far. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fspring said:

any other good diesel shops in the central pa area?? im in NY and looking for a good shop. been dealing with shops in the mid west but shipping is a pain these days.....

I don't have any recommendations locally to me in north central PA