6 hours ago, bitty said:

Have you tried the Yetter saw tooth closing disks ? We have been using them for 15 years , actually was another brand that looked identical but they must've went out of business or patent infringement. They have worked great for us.  We usually flip them on the bearings to be more aggressive than the stock position

These? I put them on when I got the planter, usually work great, but had a few acres of riverbottom that was wet and soft, son hit it with a Salford and I planted it a couple days later. It carried tractor and planter and I thought it closed trench but as it dried more it shrunk and turned to concrete. It was slow emerging but did mostly come up. It really wasn't fit to plant yet in one corner, rest did fine. Think these came from shoup

20210527_075956.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 1958560 said:

These? I put them on when I got the planter, usually work great, but had a few acres of riverbottom that was wet and soft, son hit it with a Salford and I planted it a couple days later. It carried tractor and planter and I thought it closed trench but as it dried more it shrunk and turned to concrete. It was slow emerging but did mostly come up. It really wasn't fit to plant yet in one corner, rest did fine. Think these came from shoup

20210527_075956.jpg

Yes that's what we run with great success. I forget the small manufacturer that we first got them from

5 hours ago, bitty said:

Yes that's what we run with great success. I forget the small manufacturer that we first got them from

I got mine from CFC distributors. They were less than half the cost of shoups and did an awesome job closing the trench in sod which I struggled with last year using smooth discs.