1957 IH 350 DU Value?

MarcusM

Hi All,

I just got my 350DU running after getting the injector pump and injectors professionally rebuilt.  I need to get rid of a couple tractors and don’t see keeping this one as I need to get a subcompact with loader for my 3 acres.  Starts right up, but does emit white smoke.  I’m not sure if the pump timing is the problem or head gasket etc.  Any thoughts on current value as I’m not sure where to start?

Thanks,

Marcus

"IF" they actually put in more than the seal kit your at $125

but ALL those parts have gone up $ as in soon to be NLA for import

the "included" new elastomer on would have run another 30 yrs.

never paid > $2500 for field ready 30 years ago.

2006_0505Image0105.JPG

Of the nearly 13,000 350 utility's built approximately 3000 were diesels. The engine is a Continental D193, a direct start diesel and unique among IH tractors of that period. Can be quite hard to find engine parts but if you have it running might be worth investigating the smoke. If it smells of antifreeze then it most likely will get expensive. The fact that it starts right up though is an indication of good compression. Does it just emit a light amount of white smoke or could you hide a battleship behind it? Light white smoke may indicate injector pump timing a bit off, low fuel injector pressure or possibly just a clogged fuel filter. Just curious, if the rest of the tractor is in decent shape and it was running decently then I would not ask less than $3000.00.   That is assuming good tires, T/A if equipped works, hydraulics etc.

• Like 1

Since it's not common it certainly has collector value being a diesel. Gas 300/350 utilities were common and not worth near what the row crop was because of the steering box issues

Last year i  sold my gas 350u with aftermarket loader for $2500 and i had that within 24 hours of posting it. It was running and everything worked but the back tires were junk and over all it was in really rough shape.