A job with no rust!

MTO

5 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Buddy of mine in our car club put a TBI setup in both side drafts on his '72 240Z.  Looks stock, runs right every time.

I love mine...............When I had the manual choke 4 barrel on it, it worked well, but anyone else other than my brother used it, it was a disaster, my old man was one of the worst offenders...................Put that setup on it and those issues ended, fuel economy went up, and so did the power.  I would never go back.  

2 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I love mine...............When I had the manual choke 4 barrel on it, it worked well, but anyone else other than my brother used it, it was a disaster, my old man was one of the worst offenders...................Put that setup on it and those issues ended, fuel economy went up, and so did the power.  I would never go back.  

I love the TBI on my 6.0, too.  Told a friend "TBI is great - like a carburetor that works".

8 hours ago, MTO said:

And it's what jeep owners REALLY wanted.

A Donkey-mobile on its side? I l mean, yes someone needs to go retrieve their dead stuck carcasses... so it’s nice to feel needed... but no, i assure you, those boat anchors are nothing a jeep owner would want. 

I'm the opposite I will take a carb any day of the week, on something that came with one anyway. Don't mind fuel injection on newer stuff bit carbs are simple to work on and don't need a computer to run.

I too prefer carbs, especially Holley’s. For some reason I have never had much luck with Edelbrocks, though I know lots of folks who love them. All of my gas Scouts and International pickups run carbs and points, simple and easy to work on. If kept  in tune, the carbs don’t do much worse on gas than my 04 GMC, in some cases they actually do better.

Very nice I always thought I wanted one.

On the subject of rust free jobs I had one of those 2 or 3 years back. Helped scrap a Texas raised 2002 F150. The bed bolts even unscrewed and with a ratchet no less. Never saw a complete used Ford bed bolt before

I like carbs, I have a Rochester 2g on the Willys CJ6. A simple rebuild and it runs perfect.  For years. My IH trucks and Scouts always had small Holley carbs, no issues.  Obviously my old Farmall tractors are carbs. My 2005 Silverado 6.0 injection works well but I have had to replace a few injectors and sensors which I don't diagnose easily.  That said,  that old Chevy can run with half the stuff unplugged.  Lol

19 hours ago, MTO said:

In this case, the carb issues are from the "certified tech" that installed the linkages wrong, assembled the throttle plate shaft wrong, plugged the bowl vent and has idle vacuum running to the egr. 

LMAO!

Good job on finding all mistakes

15 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

A Donkey-mobile on its side? I l mean, yes someone needs to go retrieve their dead stuck carcasses... so it’s nice to feel needed... but no, i assure you, those boat anchors are nothing a jeep owner would want. 

Now there is a sign of great restraint....

41 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

1279670077_carbroncooj.JPG.b159beb0082b9e51db1a88587c0392d6.JPG

I have actually seen that very vehicle in my travels!

A boat mechanic that I have known since prior to Orenthal’s infamous slow speed pursuit had a similar Bronco at the time.

He quickly replaced it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

I have actually seen that very vehicle in my travels!

A boat mechanic that I have known since prior to Orenthal’s infamous slow speed pursuit had a similar Bronco at the time.

He quickly replaced it.

Why?  Should have put "Juice's" decals all over it and charged people to look................

15 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Why?  Should have put "Juice's" decals all over it and charged people to look................

Picture a boat mechanic trying to load a dead boat onto a trailer by himself at a crowded boat ramp with dozens of “Sidewalk Superintendents”.  Then add the similarity between his Bronco and Orenthal’s (in)famous Bronco....

2 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Picture a boat mechanic trying to load a dead boat onto a trailer by himself at a crowded boat ramp with dozens of “Sidewalk Superintendents”.  Then add the similarity between his Bronco and Orenthal’s (in)famous Bronco....

As the boys would say....................."BABE MAGNET!!!!!"

One of the nicer ones I had. Bought it from original owner in Prarie City Iowa. 35,000 miles roughly in about 1988. Kept in a heated garage. Was used on a mail carrier route in bad weather for a time. Can't find my photo album with better pictures but here is the 1 photo I found along with the window sticker.

Think I gave between 3 and 35 for it,  which was a lot to me at the time. Sold it for about that a year or 2 later.

20210525_220008.thumb.jpg.e3719e2869076deb6e680d26e971430c.jpg

20210525_215952.jpg

20210525_220013.jpg

• Like 1