53 and other older cultivator sweeps

bankshotone

I'm an struggling finding any information on sweeps that fit these machines. The case parts guy looks at me and shrugs his shoulders. I looked in a manual I had but makes no mention of sweeps at all. Any help would be appreciated,  thanks!

Are you referring to the actual, sweeps not the shanks? If so there’s nothing special about them.  Several different sizes were offered including points and 1/2 sweeps next to the row. I’m sure you can get them from Shoup or a farm store. I think I have part numbers if you like to get them through CIH dealership. If I remi will look tonight.

The sweeps were listed separately from the cultivator.   I think the parts catalog for them was called Ground Tools.  It included sweeps,  field cultivator shanks, harrow teeth,plow bottoms, etc.

Older cultivators used a 54 deg sweep. Sometimes called a Texas sweep. Modern sweeps are 47 deg. I have the catalog. What size are you looking for. Example 6" , 7" ect?

2 hours ago, cedar farm said:

Older cultivators used a 54 deg sweep. Sometimes called a Texas sweep. Modern sweeps are 47 deg. I have the catalog. What size are you looking for. Example 6" , 7" ect?

I wondered if the were the 54°, the stem looks pretty steep. Basically I'm looking for all of the sweeps to do a 6 row narrow cultivator

5 hours ago, bankshotone said:

I wondered if the were the 54°, the stem looks pretty steep. Basically I'm looking for all of the sweeps to do a 6 row narrow cultivator

On 30" rows most in our area ran three shanks. 8" half sweeps on the front two and an 8" or 10" full on the back. An 8" full is 479006r2. 10" full is 479007r2. 8" LH is 479009r2 and RH is 479010r2. If I ran out of half sweeps for any reason I would chop them in a chop saw.

34 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

On 30" rows most in our area ran three shanks. 8" half sweeps on the front two and an 8" or 10" full on the back. An 8" full is 479006r2. 10" full is 479007r2. 8" LH is 479009r2 and RH is 479010r2. If I ran out of half sweeps for any reason I would chop them in a chop saw.

Thank you! Much appreciated!