Son qualified for state track

dale560

My middle child and 15 year old freshman son qualified for 2 events at the North Dakota class b state track meet. His relay team in the 4x800 qualified with a first place finish at the regional meet. He ran the 3200 meter finished third and qualified in that event. It was his first time to run the 3200 although he runs cross country in the fall. It is fun to watch the kids. Last night a lot of the girls and boys had their band , choir concert. With many of the kids having regional stars in that and today about 1/2 the track team boys and girls qualified for state. Picture of Connor next to his pickup with a fitting view of school logo on water tower painted School colors.

83160584-A0E5-4AF1-8797-DBFFC781A214.png

E61AE9A4-C905-4DB1-AB69-DCF3735A1A78.png

55C30884-C16C-45E7-B590-79EE52BD132C.png

• Like 15

Good for him and proud parent moment for you. Sounds well deserved on both parts. ????

Never had track here.  

Congratulations.

Qualifying for both the relay and the 3200 shows Connor has both pace and endurance.

Good luck at the state meet.

That's wonderful!

Video it. Every now and then I'll be looking for a photo on my iPad and I'll come across a video of my son back in his track days. High jump, long jump, and hurdles were his events, often #1. His athleticism , I'm sure, helped get him into the USCGA.

Puff your chest out!, I did!

• Like 1

Congratulations Dale

This is small town class b so kids rotate through events they try different things at different meets.  Some of the kids have qualified for more events than they can do at state. They are limited to four events or a certain running total at events.  Even one girl qualified for the state golf meet 60 miles away in the morning ,she came to track meet then and qualified in state for shotput. And like I mentioned a lot of these kids had a band , choir concert the night before.  I know people get hard on kids now days, but when you watch the busy lives they have with school , practice and other non school activities they do kids are busy.

Something to be proud of and good memories. Congratulations. Past that for me now but spent alot of time at baseball games through the high school years. One out of college and two in college now. 

I always hated to shut the planter off to go at the time but now I really miss going to track meets, had 2 boys qualify for state , one in the 4 x 800 and 4 x 400 twice, the other in the 4 x 100 3 times. Relays are the best events of the day, congratulations.

2 minutes ago, bkorth said:

I always hated to shut the planter off to go at the time but now I really miss going to track meets, had 2 boys qualify for state , one in the 4 x 800 and 4 x 400 twice, the other in the 4 x 100 3 times. Relays are the best events of the day, congratulations.

Yes after a bit you realize there are more important things. You can plant later at night or early in morning. I was lucky to get off work just in time to see the 4x800 girls and boys run. Then went home cleaned up to watch the 3200. We are a small town 3000 people, 50 kids in a grade so you know almost every kid or their family so it is fun. Then the competition is all surrounding rural areas so lots of relatives and old customers kids compete .