Dog fighting

MTO

You`d think in this day and age we would have a handle on this disgusting trade.

Was reading the dog thread and made me search for dog fighting arrests. 

Their were certainly more than I ever thought.

I`d LOVE to get a tip of it going on somewhere. 

No doubt what I would do. 

Just one example from last year.

The other underground fighting is **** fighting, but the scum that does this is the same that deals in the slave trade, And it moves around, the deep web probably is the main access for followers of this crap, I would like them in a ring with a 100 pound pit bull.

There are still 'roster' fights near me. It's against state law but not tribal law. State laws don't generally apply to tribal lands. Thx-Ace 

Sickening , drawing and quartering is too good for some people 

4 hours ago, MTO said:

You`d think in this day and age we would have a handle on this disgusting trade.

Was reading the dog thread and made me search for dog fighting arrests. 

Their were certainly more than I ever thought.

I`d LOVE to get a tip of it going on somewhere. 

No doubt what I would do. 

Just one example from last year.

Simply disgusting! I will refrain from saying any more. On a similar note, last fall I was on a fuel run & saw what looked like my dog in the backseat of someones SUV at the gas station. Looked a bit closer & the dog poked his head out the window. Noticed the gauze on his right ear & the fact that it was missing. Also noted the gauze pads down his back. Got inside to pay & saw a white homie standing at the counter talking to the attendant. Listened for a couple of minutes & it turned out that he had got the dog from a rescue in Milwaukee. Seems he is part of a small group of people in SEWI that look for fighting pits to rehab them & either keep them or find them a new home. The guy & I chatted for quite some time & both of us left happy knowing about each others dogs.

Mike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomH said:

I can't even watch it.   I will just get too upset.

I"m with you Tom, i can't watch it either. 

Anyone who would betray the love and trust of a dog through this type of abuse should be removed from society. 

• Like 2

My wife found a female pit on the side of the road that was chewed up pretty good must have escaped from a fighting operation.

We nursed her back to heath and she ended up being one the best dogs I ever had.

The vet thought she was a pound dog they used for training the fighters he thought she was 4 years old and she lived a good life with us for 12 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These  demons that FORCE animals to fight each other to the death if caught make them do the same. See how they would like to be put in a ring and fight till one dies .They would have no choice, no say in the matter just like those dogs and roosters.

13 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

My wife found a female pit on the side of the road that was chewed up pretty good must have escaped from a fighting operation.

We nursed her back to heath and she ended up being one the best dogs I ever had.

The vet thought she was a pond dog they used for training the fighters he thought she was 4 years old and she lived a good life with us for 12 years.

Yeah, our one dog was involved in something that we never quite figured out, we got her from a rescue. She was laying in the corner of here kennel cowering, had 100’s of hole in her and a broken leg. Had recently had a liter of pups.  Wife decided she was coming home

That dog has been here over 10 years.  Wonderful animal that has manners and was well trained. She has been fine around all the creatures my wife brings home, but if you make my kids scream in fear….it could be bad.  If your just carrying out the TV and other stuff you need to pet her first so it will be ok. She is not good around strange dogs in the neighborhood.  I can live with her quirks.  Only issue is she sure is getting old.

I was at a junkyard in Southern Oklahoma, the guy running the place had several pit bulls  on heavy chains and I was warned that they were fighting dogs and to make sure I stayed away from them.  They were chained outside of the reach of each other because they were trained to fight, and were all brothers and in perfect fighting form.. Otherwise well fed and well cared for.  I could be wrong but I believe some of the Native American Tribes in the area, at that time had legal dog fighting. 

One of the most disgusting situations I have ever observed.

Bloodsports of various types have been common throughout human history. 

The Romans threw Christians and other criminals into the colluseum with lions and tigers.

Damnatio ad bestiary

Below is an image of a floor mosaic from Roman times

Museum_of_Sousse_-_Mosaics_2_detail.jpg

On 5/21/2021 at 4:14 PM, Dasnake said:

The other underground fighting is **** fighting, but the scum that does this is the same that deals in the slave trade, And it moves around, the deep web probably is the main access for followers of this crap, I would like them in a ring with a 100 pound pit bull.

I don't believe you can equate slave trading to chicken fighting. Chicken fighting was legal in some states in the US up about 12 or 15 years ago, Louisiana being one of them until the animal groups started putting more and more pressure on certain politicians who were running for a higher office. Even though I've seen some of those same politicians at the derby fights.  I've went to hundreds of fighting derbies on the weekends with an uncle who was big in it, even had some myself and they were always family events with kids, food vendors, pony rides and games for children. Almost a carnival like atmosphere rather than some seedy, dark back alley affair. It's just a difference in culture and it has been around for over a thousand years. The deep web isn't where it "hides". It doesn't have to be hidden.  It's out in the open on the internet. People that live close to me still have hundreds of them beside their house out in the open, it's not illegal to have them and you don't have to train them to fight. They'll fight to the death on their own.  They have magazines you can subscribe to, videos you can buy on breeding and the "keep". You can still go to Oklahoma on the reservations and have organized derbies in nice facilities built specifically for that purpose called derby houses. Even more options just across the border in Mexico which is just 10 hours from my house. I'm not a fan nor condone any dog fighting because dogs have personalities and I have always owned a few including a rescue pitbull now but I've seen a few in my late teens and they were very gruesome. They can go for an hour or 2 and quite often involves a criminal element that I didn't see when I was involved with chicken fighting. But when something is outlawed it usually does attract criminals in a money making scheme. I understand you have a different viewpoint and that's ok, I have no problem with that at all,  but to say **** fighting is equivalent to slavery, now that just sounds ludicrous to me. As I said it's just cultural differences, just as most of us on here enjoy a nice steak but a Hindu would consider us to be crazy to eat a cow when they consider a cow as a sacred symbol of life. To each their own.

1 hour ago, ArkLa 1086 said:

I don't believe you can equate slave trading to chicken fighting. Chicken fighting was legal in some states in the US up about 12 or 15 years ago, Louisiana being one of them until the animal groups started putting more and more pressure on certain politicians. Even though I've seen some of those politicians at the derby fights.  I've went to hundreds of fighting derbies on the weekends with an uncle who was big in it, even had some myself. It's just a difference in culture and it has been around for over a thousand years. The deep web isn't where it "hides". It doesn't have to be hidden.  It's out in the open on the internet. People that live close to me still have hundreds of them beside their house out in the open, it's not illegal to have them and you don't have to train them to fight. They'll fight to the death on their own.  They have magazines you can subscribe to, videos you can buy on breeding and the "keep". You can still go to Oklahoma on the reservations and have organized derbies in nice facilities built specifically for that purpose called derby houses. Even more options just across the border in Mexico which is just 10 hours from my house. I'm not a fan of dog fighting because dogs have personalities but I've seen a few and they are very gruesome and they can go for an hour or 2 and quite often involves a criminal element that I didn't see when I was involved with chicken fighting. But when something is outlawed it usually does attract criminals in a money making scheme. I understand you have a different viewpoint and that's ok but to say **** fighting is equivalent to slavery, now that just ludicrous. As I said it's just cultural differences, just as most of us on here enjoy a nice steak but a Hindu would consider us to be crazy to eat a cow when they consider a cow as a sacred symbol of life. To each their own.

Interesting to say the least, and yes I have a very different viewpoint, but I  should have done my punctuation better, my referral to the scum and the slave trade and the dark web was still in reference to the original posting of dog fighting, and any of that of course pales to human trafficking.

Some people need killed. I don't think the Great Spirit would be too pissed if you swapped the life of an a$$hole for the life of a pure animal.