We are currently looking to purchase a 6650 soil saver or Glencoe ss7400 11 or 13 shank soil saver. I looked at one today and it has had major surgery to the main lifting frame and walking tandems. I have not noticed any other one with the frame repairs that this one has, so I am thinking this one falls under the "anything can be destroyed by some people" category. I know to look at tires, wheel bearing, walking tandem pivots, disc size, disc bearings and shank play, but is there weak spots in the frame that i should be looking for? Any experiences with these machines? I would like to be educated before purchasing not after. Thanks for any feedback. 

Jared

i had a 11 shank 6650 with walking tandems and hyd. controlled front disk gang and never had any problems withe the frame or tandems, i ran 4" twisted shovels.

i did switch from the clevis type hitch to the hammer strap type

The shank trip force is higher on the 6650 than the 7400. My BIL has a YB8400 and gets his parts through the local CIH dealer.  If the frame is broken up I would guess that they were plowing frozen ground. I have some relatives that have raised **** with a pretty new Sunflower that way.