PayPal spoof

New Englander

I just got the following. It's a total scam. I didn't order and pay for anything so the natural reaction is to call the number or click on the unsubscribe. Calling them will find they're trying to get your information, pushing the unsubscribe will likely infect your computer. 

Forward to spoof@paypal.com

I hate these criminals!

Isabel Garcia (alianarubytwgh@gmail.com)To:you Details

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Frfcmaa.stripocdn.

Date: May 19 2021

Order Status: Approved

Order Number: B282951

Thank you for your purchase!

Please find the order details below and keep this email in a safe place for future reference.

If you've any question about this transaction, please get in touch with us on 229 234 4166.

Order number

Order B282951

Transaction Number

B971849393083

Delivery Date

May 20 2021

Reference Number

Order Confirmation #

B282951

Purchased Item (1)

$179.00

Delivery + Handling

$10.00

Sales Tax

$10.00

TOTAL

$199.00

Issues with this transation? You have 24 hours from the date of the transaction to open a dispute 229 234 4166

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance Call 229 234 4166

Our mailing address is: 275 New Creek Road, Lufkin, TX 75901, United States

To unsubscribe click here

• Sad 1

Atleast they could have been smart enough to get the tax somewhat close. Hardly ever tax is an even amount. That's like a 5.6 % tax

Thanks for the heads up, even though I don't use PayPal

I have been getting scam emails from what looks like USPS about parcel can't be delivered, call us ??

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, td9inidaho said:

Atleast they could have been smart enough to get the tax somewhat close. Hardly ever tax is an even amount. That's like a 5.6 % tax

Thanks for the heads up, even though I don't use PayPal

I have been getting scam emails from what looks like USPS about parcel can't be delivered, call us ??

Mark

'Zactly1 There's NO tax in NH!

• Confused 1

As an ebay seller I get those on a pretty regular basis. Always security block/report them. Mother in law got caught by a similar scam from "Amazon" a few years back.  

I get these the odd go round, the gimme for me is no name, as soon as it isn’t personalized I delete it, I trust PayPal implicitly but you still have to be on your toes.

I always look at the sender's email, that is usually a dead give away.

I had one the other month from Discover Card about a fraudulent purchase,email looked official, thing that they didn't know is that my fraud alerts come as text to my phone, not an email. Sent it straight to the scam dept at Discover.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the same email. We all got the same order number too. Knew it was a scam. Didn't order anything, no company name, no credit card number showing. 

Got another email exactly the same, but from a different person. Same number and address listed, but that one went to my spam folder. 

Beware. Scam!

I like the phone calls I get to confirm an order on my Amazon account. Since I have no such account I always tell them to go ahead and charge. Same with the Social Security Fraud Division calls. I tell them to cancel my account and they always hang up on me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owen Aaland said:

I like the phone calls I get to confirm an order on my Amazon account. Since I have no such account I always tell them to go ahead and charge. Same with the Social Security Fraud Division calls. I tell them to cancel my account and they always hang up on me. 

We get those Amazon ones down here in Oz too- regularly!

do a search on the addresses or phone numbers on google, usually the address like in this case doesnt even exist and the phone number is some wonky scam listing or has been reported by others 

• Like 1