IH 720 plow beam needed CNY

Looking for someone who may have a used plow beam for an IH 720 auto reset plow.  Bought a new to me plow and in a couple acres I managed to snag a huge rock and broke the beam right off.  If anyone has one in driving distance of Central NY or can ship let me know!

How many bottom is it ? 

50 minutes ago, Snowmad said:

Looking for someone who may have a used plow beam for an IH 720 auto reset plow.  Bought a new to me plow and in a couple acres I managed to snag a huge rock and broke the beam right off.  If anyone has one in driving distance of Central NY or can ship let me know!

1 hour ago, bitty said:

How many bottom is it ? 

Tim, the part that broke is what I would call the crescent shaped shank that holds the frog to the main beam/reset mechanism. Think it is a 5 bottom, now missing the last bottom.

2 hours ago, Snowmad said:

Make absolutely certain that the plow is set up for rocky ground. Up on the spring reset top 2 piece part that hinges in the middle there is a tab held by a 5/16" bolt (1/2" wrench) thick side should be under the pinch point for rocky ground. Otherwise you might be buying many more parts 

Macfadden has one $500, Benton Plow for $250.  Just have to decide if it"s worth the extra 2 hour drive to save $250.

1 hour ago, Snowmad said:

Macfadden has one $500, Benton Plow for $250.  Just have to decide if it"s worth the extra 2 hour drive to save $250.

Go and buy 2 for 500 at Benton would be my idea. Spare part for the extra drive

• Like 2

If Penn Yan is 2 hours and MacFadden's is that much closer you definitely don't want to drive out to Rochester then. I think I have two of what you need on my scrap pile in my back yard. Only problem is I'm not there today, and you'd probably be under some intense scrutiny if you just drove back in there and just started grabbing stuff off my scrap pile...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ny bill o said:

Tim, the part that broke is what I would call the crescent shaped shank that holds the frog to the main beam/reset mechanism. Think it is a 5 bottom, now missing the last bottom.

11 hours ago, Snowmad said:

Where are you located, I’m in fort plain ny. I’ve got that

part# 61056c2

My neighbor has 20 of them but they come with the rest of the 2 parts plows. Lol  We got a 7 bottom that is available too  

I vote for the 2 for 500 at Penn Yan. Typical McFadden double the price. 

• Like 2

The reason I have said about checking out the reset pressure is we bought an IH 800 flex frame out of Phelps NY or a little north of it and it was set up for non rocky ground. We broke a beam as you are calling it and then a yoke that hooks to it and they were expensive. 

Here it is plowing a diversion in a field 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bitty said:

Go and buy 2 for 500 at Benton would be my idea. Spare part for the extra drive

I like this way of thinking!

34 minutes ago, Takn4aFool said:

i had a rock that trip all 5 bottoms on a 700 trailer plow 3 rounds in a row....same rock every round

5 bottom 700 trailers are hard to find. 

1 hour ago, Takn4aFool said:

i had a rock that trip all 5 bottoms on a 700 trailer plow 3 rounds in a row....same rock every round

That’s a good one!!! Maybe it’s a gold nugget?? 

7 hours ago, ChrisNY said:

5 bottom 700 trailers are hard to find. 

even harder to find since it had HS bottoms on it....they are the high speed bottoms that worked best at 7-8 mph....which i liked but when it came time to replace the wear parts (shins, landsides,lathes)it was alot cheaper to replace the the whole bottom,(moldboard,frog,lathes,shins,landsides) the HS parts were triple the cost for whatever reason