How many guns?

sandhiller

47 minutes ago, wombwell said:

Blimey you chaps and your guns do you really need so many? All I have is a shotgun and 22 hornet I feel like the man with the smallest willie

Cheer up wombwell......:)

...As they say....."It's not the dog in the fight...it's the fight in the dog''.....   perhaps an analogy not entirely   appropriate   for your self  percieved   diminutive  genitalia.....:rolleyes:...but other than picking up a bunch of firearms in your pending trip to the US.....that's about the best I can offer.......

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wombwell said:

Blimey you chaps and your guns do you really need so many? All I have is a shotgun and 22 hornet I feel like the man with the smallest willie

oh yea........................?

and i live in a country , which is lauded for its gun control

18 hours ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

I know people who went to college, got masters/doctorates then worked at the college.......that just doesnt seem right.

1886806124_collegeegypt.thumb.png.fa2c56377cbe8175c18d3661517492b9.png

• Like 2

20 hours ago, wombwell said:

Nothing wrong with a .22hornet. I’ve turned several ground hogs inside out with one of those.....before the boating accident of course ?

• Like 1

Up here in rathole north I'm considered a gun nut, why? Cuz I've got lots and lots, I had a buddy in Oregon, he wuz a "collector" he had around a 100, then I had an acquaintance and he too wuz a "collector" he had over 1200 handguns, I don't know how many long guns he had, so I was thought to be a nut, but I never thought anything of my buddies amount or the acquaintance, it was all normal.

To me the nutz are the ones that think their mandate is the proper one and make demands that go above the norm in trying to make other people follow their twisted thinking, and try to get idiot politicos on their side.

• Like 1

1200 is a bunch of weaponry    to keep clean and rust free etc.....I guess the bloke would have a humidity  free room ...or the like to keep them pristine..??

The West Coast   of the South island is a very taxing environment  in which to keep firearms in good shape....I once attended an estate sale of somre beautiful lever guns...I new the bloke..not well...but well enough to have seen his firearms....He had  used a product called Shell  " Ensis Fluid "....it was thick liquid, which upon 'painting ' on steel, set, quite hard...It's primary purpose was to protect agricultural  'ground engaging ' tools from rusting before next season...plough shares/cultivator points and shoes etc etc...

At auction time there were murmurings of dismay at the rust coloured steel on the firearms.....The Ensis fluid dried a very  dark brownish colour.....thus the firearms appeared to lack any original blued finish.....I put my hand up several times.....got some bargains .....

Mike

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mike newman said:

1200 is a bunch of weaponry    to keep clean and rust free etc.....I guess the bloke would have a humidity  free room ...or the like to keep them pristine..??

The West Coast   of the South island is a very taxing environment  in which to keep firearms in good shape....I once attended an estate sale of somre beautiful lever guns...I new the bloke..not well...but well enough to have seen his firearms....He had  used a product called Shell  " Ensis Fluid "....it was thick liquid, which upon 'painting ' on steel, set, quite hard...It's primary purpose was to protect agricultural  'ground engaging ' tools from rusting before next season...plough shares/cultivator points and shoes etc etc...

At auction time there were murmurings of dismay at the rust coloured steel on the firearms.....The Ensis fluid dried a very  dark brownish colour.....thus the firearms appeared to lack any original blued finish.....I put my hand up several times.....got some bargains .....

Mike

Good on you, last year I made an error in judgement with my .44, I made up dri-airs and I dropped  one speck in the case, it touched the barrel and drew moisture to the one spot and it took many hours to reblu and refinish the one spot, after that I checked the cases that had the homemade packs and one of them touched  a 686 and another a 66, both were fixable and then I took them out of all cases, lesson learned.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mike newman said:

The Ensis fluid dried a very  dark brownish colour.....thus the firearms appeared to lack any original blued finish.

I have not heard of that MIke. 

Is something just for storage and to be removed later or does that stay on the firearm to protect it during use is a wet environment?

1 hour ago, oleman said:

! gun is too many for a mentally deranged psychotic that would shoot up a Church.

Yes sir, it is. 

As would be one edged weapon, pipe bomb, molotov cocktail, motor vehicle, base ball bat, etc, etc. 

I would take all the money used trying to deny us our second amendment rights and apply towards helping those with mental health issues. 

Imagine how much good it would do to improve life in these United States of America.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Yes sir, it is. 

As would be one edged weapon, pipe bomb, molotov cocktail, motor vehicle, base ball bat, etc, etc. 

I would take all the money used trying to deny us our second amendment rights and apply towards helping those with mental health issues. 

Imagine how much good it would do to improve life in these United States of America.

Damn Jeff! That would entail a common sense approach, they can’t make headlines doing something that might eradicate a problem, no they have the headlines but they don’t answer the problems, and they don’t give a duck.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Damn Jeff! That would entail a common sense approach, they can’t make headlines doing something that might eradicate a problem, no they have the headlines but they don’t answer the problems, and they don’t give a duck.

Well Jake, what do you say WE start a grass roots effort to make common sense popular again. 

No more accepting the media glorifying the sheeple not wanting to think for themselves or take responsibility for their actions. 

No more accepting our elected officials thinking they know what is best for us. 

The Sh!tshow stops here. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Well Jake, what do you say WE start a grass roots effort to make common sense popular again. 

No more accepting the media glorifying the sheeple not wanting to think for themselves or take responsibility for their actions. 

No more accepting our elected officials thinking they know what is best for us. 

The Sh!tshow stops here. 

I think this sums it up. Gotta vote from the bottom up. Nothing will change without a change in leadership! I love Dr Suess! ?

1663367356_suesscares.jpg.a3a7339f7c788e2d78b658277b3f0b65.jpg.e133623c3661236e3b64880d41200ae3.jpg

• Like 5

Had to delete an entire page I had typed regarding the ten bus loads of people who need to relocate from the east coast. Somehow I feel better kinda like cussing cows. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, junkandcattle said:

Had to delete an entire page I had typed regarding the ten bus loads of people who need to relocate from the east coast. Somehow I feel better kinda like cussing cows. 

I hear ya. 

Many times I have let a rant post "soak" down in the bottom box without hitting submit. 

Most times, after a cool off period, I delete it.

I feel better for typing it out but it would probably have gotten the  ?  if I let it have wings. ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I hear ya. 

Many times I have let a rant post "soak" down in the bottom box without hitting submit. 

Most times, after a cool off period, I delete it.

I feel better for typing it out but it would probably have gotten the  ?  if I let it have wings. ?

Jeff,

What do the boxes that I see between “the” and “if”, then after “wings” mean?

Thank you.

“Other Jeff”

On 5/16/2021 at 7:25 AM, jeeper61 said:

Never enough just like tractors trucks cars and tools 

And I used to say women but I gave that up 18 years ago 

• Haha 1