Jump to content

New vehicles.....if any available


dads706
 Share

Recommended Posts

The wife's truck is a 2017 High Country. Just turned 12k on the odometer. Has never had a snowflake hit it and has probably been rained on twice. Have enough other vehicles that it sits in the garage from Oct-April. Told her today that with the price of used vehicles it would probably sell for more than we paid for it.

That may not have been the thing to tell her. She is now in the..."maybe we should see how they would trade on a new one" mode. 

Probably will go looking in the next week or two. It could get scary and painful. Oh well, it's her money.

I kinda like my '82 GMC farm truck. At least I can work on it.. (and you know how mechanically challenged I am) And I even wash it every couple years. (I think) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Local guy just traded his ‘18 F150 with <20k for a new one,  for $5k.  I don’t believe that included tax/fees, not that it matters.  5k!  I want to say his ‘18 had a sun roof and the new one doesn’t, but they are  very comparable.  Within 2k original msrp anyway 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Friend went to get floor mats for his at the dealer.    The vultures (salesmen) tracked him down to try to buy his truck!!!  GMC 1 ton four door long box. Said they had a waiting list of guys looking for that truck.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is minimal inventory out there, so even if your old truck brings good money (which it will),  your new truck will cost you BIG bucks (if you are lucky enough to find one).

Best time to buy was early last summer.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm about fit to be tied right now. I have "new car fever" at a really bad time. I want, but do not need, a new Toyota 4Runner SUV. I'm perfectly fine with what I have, which is my 2006 Toyota Tundra, of which I am the original owner, but as I said I have the "bug".

I am working with a local dealer, but since I've started looking, the prices have gone up, and availability in choices, as far as colors, models, options, has gone down. I am about fed up. 4Runners are built exclusively in Japan. I finally asked my dealer if I can just order one from scratch, instead of waiting for what they already have coming in. They are willing to order, but of course they want a $500.00 deposit, which they say will be non-refundable if I back out, and, they also told me that we will be talking in terms of a 2022 model by the time my order can be fullfilled, and it may not show up here until November or December. Being that it will be built as a 2022 model, they are unwilling to commit to a price quote, and they flat out warned me that I should pretty much expect to pay sticker for it when it comes in, whatever that sticker says when it comes in. Nuts.

At least I would be getting one in the color I want, with the equipment I want, (or don't want) but dang. As I said, I'm about fed up with this deal, and just about ready to say F it and stick with my antique '06 Tundra and wait to see if this ridiculous situation ever plays itself out and prices and availability come back to normal. Maybe if gas goes up to $8.00 a gallon, prices on trucks and SUV's will take a sh_t and I'll grab one then. Maybe it will easier to get a "deal" on one if fuel prices take a big hike. It wouldn't matter to me- 4Runners are not renown for their fuel economy, but then neither is my '06 Tundra. Their fuel ratings are virtually the same, so I'd be spending the same on gas with either vehicle. Actually though, I will be retiring soon, so will driving less by virtue of not having to drive to and from work each day. I don't know. Everything is just too dam expensive. They are going to price the middle class out of existence. No more middle class. Just going to be  the haves, and the have nots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

I'm about fit to be tied right now. I have "new car fever" at a really bad time. I want, but do not need, a new Toyota 4Runner SUV. I'm perfectly fine with what I have, which is my 2006 Toyota Tundra, of which I am the original owner, but as I said I have the "bug".

I am working with a local dealer, but since I've started looking, the prices have gone up, and availability in choices, as far as colors, models, options, has gone down. I am about fed up. 4Runners are built exclusively in Japan. I finally asked my dealer if I can just order one from scratch, instead of waiting for what they already have coming in. They are willing to order, but of course they want a $500.00 deposit, which they say will be non-refundable if I back out, and, they also told me that we will be talking in terms of a 2022 model by the time my order can be fullfilled, and it may not show up here until November or December. Being that it will be built as a 2022 model, they are unwilling to commit to a price quote, and they flat out warned me that I should pretty much expect to pay sticker for it when it comes in, whatever that sticker says when it comes in. Nuts.

At least I would be getting one in the color I want, with the equipment I want, (or don't want) but dang. As I said, I'm about fed up with this deal, and just about ready to say F it and stick with my antique '06 Tundra and wait to see if this ridiculous situation ever plays itself out and prices and availability come back to normal. Maybe if gas goes up to $8.00 a gallon, prices on trucks and SUV's will take a sh_t and I'll grab one then. Maybe it will easier to get a "deal" on one if fuel prices take a big hike. It wouldn't matter to me- 4Runners are not renown for their fuel economy, but then neither is my '06 Tundra. Their fuel ratings are virtually the same, so I'd be spending the same on gas with either vehicle. Actually though, I will be retiring soon, so will driving less by virtue of not having to drive to and from work each day. I don't know. Everything is just too dam expensive. They are going to price the middle class out of existence. No more middle class. Just going to be  the haves, and the have nots.

Was the same story last year, and I believe the 2022 will be a whole new 4Runner, maybe better, maybe not but new, I will say if they get a little more snot out of the 3.5(?) it will be an improvement. I love the 4 runner but it is not big on power

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

They are going to price the middle class out of existence. No more middle class. Just going to be  the haves, and the have nots.

Kind of off the thread, but if you want to see what this looks like, go to Mexico City sometime.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I caught up with a college friend of mine yesterday at a party.  He drives a leased Volvo SUV and the lease is up in a month from now.  He is looking to replace it and is being given numbers $5K more than the residual on the Volvo's lease.  It is a seller's market in some segments right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Was the same story last year, and I believe the 2022 will be a whole new 4Runner, maybe better, maybe not but new, I will say if they get a little more snot out of the 3.5(?) it will be an improvement. I love the 4 runner but it is not big on power

Hey there vt', nice to hear from you. Hey, check your specs!!!! Your new 4Runner has a 4.0 Liter V-6, not the 3.5 L that they put in the Tacoma. The 4.0 is the better engine of the two. The transmission is better in the 4Runner as well over the Tacoma. I drove a 2020 4Runner last Fall at the dealer, and for the way I drive, it was spunky enough for me. I won't be loading it down or pulling anything with it most of the time anyways. Yes, it won't win any drag races taking off from a red light, but it will go a lot of places that most other uni-body SUV's can't tread. One thing I like about the 4Runner is that it's old school body on frame design. I will be getting a 4WD model.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

Hey there vt', nice to hear from you. Hey, check your specs!!!! Your new 4Runner has a 4.0 Liter V-6, not the 3.5 L that they put in the Tacoma. The 4.0 is the better engine of the two. The transmission is better in the 4Runner as well over the Tacoma. I drove a 2020 4Runner last Fall at the dealer, and for the way I drive, it was spunky enough for me. I won't be loading it down or pulling anything with it most of the time anyways. Yes, it won't win any drag races taking off from a red light, but it will go a lot of places that most other uni-body SUV's can't tread. One thing I like about the 4Runner is that it's old school body on frame design. I will be getting a 4WD model.

My girlfriend got a 2020 Tacoma last august I don’t think it’s any improvement in power over the 16 she traded in. She is thinking of a fourrunner  the next time around in a couple years thinking I have a truck she doesn’t need one now that I have one around the farm and a four runner could still pull her utility trailer she has. I just traded my 17 Silverado in last month on a new GMC 3500 crew cab Diesel they knocked down the price of the new one a little and gave me 6k less than I paid for the 17 new a friend of mine went to the dealership Saturday and sent me a picture of my old truck on the lot they are asking what I paid for it new  good for them I’m happy with the deal I got 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...