One trick pony

vtfireman85

Now that i have a Hydrostatic Kubota i have contemplated getting rid of this. It gets taken out to till the garden once a year, but it sure does a nice job, and so far has only ever needed an oil change and fuel filter . I did just order battery cables for it. Has a 4’ Woods mower to go with it. 
I kinda like it, makes me feel like a korean rice farmer ??  

3654849E-A1BC-4A38-9422-BC0666B394DC.jpeg

5C613456-04EE-4BA6-B6EC-1D1621C5146B.jpeg

AB982806-5802-4E8F-916A-86237211CE59.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

so....VTSeth......what does the Hydrostatic  Kubota   make you feel like  ??......something slightly more elevated in life than the Korean Farmer ???.......:rolleyes:  sort of like a Vermont Linesman, perhaps ??...:)

Mike

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Farmall Nut said:

Does it have a loader as well? Can you put it into a FEDEX envelope? ?

I looked for a loader for quite a while, ended up giving up. Not necessary really, thought it would be a good weed carrier for the wife but she refuses to use anything but the skid steer.... spoiled she is

36 minutes ago, mike newman said:

so....VTSeth......what does the Hydrostatic  Kubota   make you feel like  ??......something slightly more elevated in life than the Korean Farmer ???.......:rolleyes:  sort of like a Vermont Linesman, perhaps ??...:)

Mike

??the Kubota makes me feel like a South Korean

• Haha 2

It isn't beat up enough to be a rice farm tractor.? Is the tiller and mower worth more then the tractor?

1 hour ago, hardtail said:

32” of raw tillage power, pride of the farm, be hard to see it go...

I wont let the tiller go, just the tractor.. maybe not but as i was fighting with bad battery terminals it was sounding very tempting. 

7 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

What are the details on it?

18 hp , 3cyl diesel, 3sod +high/low, 3spd pto, 540,1000 and 1500 some Kubota parts fit it, some come labeled Mitsubishi. 4wd, this one has 430 hrs on it. 

5 hours ago, MarkG said:

What’s the name in front of Mitsubishi? Looks like Sanyo. Does that mean it has a stereo installed? ?

Its a satoh buck, they had the beaver, buck, i think bull or something like that. 
as a nod to IH this one does have IH parts too. That is a U1 flywheel hanging off the front ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

8 hp , 3cyl diesel, 3sod +high/low, 3spd pto, 540,1000 and 1500 some Kubota parts fit it, some come labeled Mitsubishi. 4wd, this one has 430 hrs on it. 

You don't see to many Mitsubishi's in the US

Not sure if they were sold under a different brand like the Yanmars were under the JD name    

28 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

You don't see to many Mitsubishi's in the US

Not sure if they were sold under a different brand like the Yanmars were under the JD name    

They look a lot like yanmar of similar vintage, and also a lot like bolens of similar vintage never had one side by side. 

90E7E1D9-40FC-4E48-A4EF-9FC7919285B8.jpeg

16E87986-9186-4A72-BE08-F8560A3FA2F0.jpeg

I don't know about that model but IH/CIH are Mitsubishi's.

Series: 234  244
Production
Distributor: International Harvester
Manufacturer: Mitsubishi
Type: Compact Utility tractor
Factory: Japan

1 hour ago, TomH said:

I don't know about that model but IH/CIH are Mitsubishi's.

Series: 234  244
Production
Distributor: International Harvester
Manufacturer: Mitsubishi
Type: Compact Utility tractor
Factory: Japan

I had seen that before maybe their agreement stopped Mitsu from importing 

48 minutes ago, littlered166 said:

Sir: What size Kubota does it take to run that tiller? Thinking about looking at one of their tractors and tillers. Thanks for all info. Pembroke

Not sure what is recommended, in decent soil the 18hp Mitsubishi is plenty. It has a super low 1st gear. Have a Kubota L3800 here and i think with the hydro it would do well. I have found the smaller tractor to be nice though because its light and doesn't overly compact the dirt.