706 Gas dies out past half throttle.

9 hours ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

Have you simply tried draining the fuel and putting 5 gallon of 98 octane (or even Av-gas) in and see what happens?   Without blaming "ethanol", none of these engines were designed to run on 87 - seen some weird things caused by poor modern fuel.

Since I started using premium only, my little gas engines (pumps/pressure washer/etc) have been WAY easier to start and run better too.  

thats right GIVER the FULL SEND and see what happens 

11 hours ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

Have you simply tried draining the fuel and putting 5 gallon of 98 octane (or even Av-gas) in and see what happens?   Without blaming "ethanol", none of these engines were designed to run on 87 - seen some weird things caused by poor modern fuel.

Since I started using premium only, my little gas engines (pumps/pressure washer/etc) have been WAY easier to start and run better too.  

High octane gas is less explosive and detonates more slowly, that’s why it eliminates dieseling and pinging.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 7:06 PM, RandyIN said:

Just refreshed a 63 706 Gas. Clean tank, clean fuel, new fuel line, rebuilt carb, and new ignition. Timing and fuel  flow is great.

Starts and Runs great. When you try to Rev it up past half throttle, the Governor appears to shut it down and it dies.

Any ideas?

Thanks to all that helped. Some Rocket Scientist, that would be me, forgot to put the Venturi in the Carb. Run like a scalded dog now. 

Thanks again!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RandyIN said:

Thanks to all that helped. Some Rocket Scientist, that would be me, forgot to put the Venturi in the Carb. Run like a scalded dog now. 

Thanks again!

great news!!! enjoy your new Rocket 

17 hours ago, RandyIN said:

Thanks again!

Don't feel bad, we've all done stuff like that. At least I assume I'm not the only one?