weights

JeffD

I can get you the 35 lbs weights.....

Not sure how many you need on that setup...basically depends on how wide you can make the bracket.  I have the 88 style bracket made up but never attempted the 86 series style.  Here is the weight.

IMG_20210321_153853927.thumb.jpg.7f17f928b426df61d65c15cecdbf86c4.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IHC5488 said:

The extra weight and bracket started becoming popular maybe because of the heavier 3 point roll over plows

Great googly moogly, if you need more than a dozen 100lb'ers to keep the front end down, isn't that overloading the 3pt on these tractors? My 10-shank chisel makes the front end pretty light on my 1586 even with 6x100lb'ers and 6 45Kg Kubota weights.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, billonthefarm said:

Just find one of these.  Holds 22.

A1B927ED-A86F-4CDD-AB3F-5B0C2C81FD2B.jpeg

What was the big weight bracket originally from or for?

Yeah, what bill said. Those large bases were made by K&M and maybe others. They built 18, 20 and 22's that I have seen. I tried a 12 row no till Sukup cultivator years ago. Had it on a 1466 with 12 weights. I could pick the front of the tractor up with only one finger at the front weights. I would have liked a 22 weight base then!

If you don't care about the looks 18 boxcar Magnum weights fit on a 12 weight IH bracket because they are 1 3/8" rather than 2" thick like the square IH ones

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 4:21 PM, JeffD said:

Are there any prints for the brackets needed? Are they still available at a dealer?

Easiest thing to do is find a weight bracket off if a 4wd IH tractor and design the hang down brackets.  That's what I did for 88 series blueprints.

Matt