2021 tractor pull season is coming 😊

I’m in charge of the dirt at our track so I run down to our track 3 miles from my shop and did alittle track maintenance yesterday, had to get rid of the winter weeds, people having to tear it up with there UTVs 🤔 We have 3 pulls on the books for this summer in Mazeppa MN /Mazeppa Days starting on July 11th our biggest pull . If any of you guys are close or far away we would love to have you come and pull , it’s a two lane track with two sleds so we get it done from 10:00 to 3:00 last year we run 225 hooks through 👍

Danny 

00B228B1-EE95-4476-BA2C-2C6747106427.jpeg

72B9521E-A404-45A1-97AC-551BEC30D3B2.jpeg

17E74926-342A-488D-ADA3-75D06FFB6F3C.jpeg

D056617B-04FF-4C71-940F-8C4FDA8D4551.jpeg

E1B8CF74-8F85-4304-A72B-B4131D4F8418.jpeg

70977CB5-65B1-4B24-B0BE-73FD86C96367.jpeg

9A8166B8-27B4-4BE1-A23E-B809DE9176C8.jpeg

20E5B898-F760-4B30-AA6D-D91E4B0BCB4F.jpeg

33B73F6A-8C40-486D-9799-9090409653A6.jpeg

6A5F3DF5-1B2F-4715-89DD-27E590D5ACFF.jpeg

A036EE89-8703-4833-88C4-9124875BA604.jpeg

• Like 14

Our biggest local fair has already announced that they will not have any grandstand events, including pulls. Sigh, here we go again.

Hopefully we can find some this year.

• Sad 1

Danny, is that a disc you made into a skidsteer tool? You need to make some videos on how to setup a track so these boys down here can watch it. Our clay gets so sticky they tend to be rough looking and the guys bounce. I've heard pullers say our fair grounds are so bad they wont even pull here. They will spend an unlimited amount on a band or whatever but can't haul in a few loads of better dirt. Oh well nice tractors you showed us  

1 hour ago, Missouri Mule said:

Our clay gets so sticky they tend to be rough looking and the guys bounce.

A lot of that is track prep, and probably over watering.  Ball field lime, or ag lime, which is pretty much the same might help the stickiness of the dirt?!

10 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Danny, is that a disc you made into a skidsteer tool? You need to make some videos on how to setup a track so these boys down here can watch it. Our clay gets so sticky they tend to be rough looking and the guys bounce. I've heard pullers say our fair grounds are so bad they wont even pull here. They will spend an unlimited amount on a band or whatever but can't haul in a few loads of better dirt. Oh well nice tractors you showed us  

Not trying to single you out but there is always someone to piss and moan about the track!    Have helped out with quite a bit of maintenance during the pull.   No one will hardly volunteer to help but they will all give there two cents.   

• Like 1

Danny see if I got this correct because something in my mind is just not quite right, at first I though it was backwards. The bridge you see in the first pic is the Hwy 60 bridge and the road behind your truck and trailer to the left is County 1. correct? And the ball field is straight behind both am I correct. So the steeper slope is to the right where you get a good view of the fireworks. They must also use that location to launch the fire works. I get back there every so often.

The guy in the sixth picture (10 or 1466 with two post ROPS) ought to have a copy of that shot hanging on his wall.

The disk is a 10 ft IH wheel disk that we converted so I can push it , it works great , you can put down pressure on it and it really cuts . Be careful of the rocks , those old blades don’t like that big skid loader , I will need to replace some blades . We have about 24” of clay on this track and we have had guys tell me it’s the best track around and it’s as good if not better than most NTPA tracks . We run two packers and I run my skid loader with that 8 ft wide land plane that we built . 
The day before the pull we disk it open and water it it with a big tank with a pump and flood it pretty good , disk in the water and pack it with our packers , land plane it and then one of our road grader guys stops down for a finish on the top . Depending on what the weather is doing for rain depends on the amount of water we put down . After a few years of doing this we have it down . 
Steve , that is a 1066 and I built it in my shop , my good friends wife is running it in the powder puff , we are trying to get the girls pulling and it’s working well , those gals can drive them 👍😎
Danny 

4 hours ago, nate said:

Not trying to single you out but there is always someone to piss and moan about the track!    Have helped out with quite a bit of maintenance during the pull.   No one will hardly volunteer to help but they will all give there two cents.   

He ain't lying. Seen a lot of sucky tracks around here. 

On 5/12/2021 at 5:37 PM, nate said:

Not my .02. I could care a less. I dont pull. I'm just relaying what all the guys I know that DO pull say every year. No complaints of other tracks in the area. I can see where it's a tough gig if your the one doing it  

On 5/12/2021 at 9:32 PM, DirtBoyz07 said:

The disk is a 10 ft IH wheel disk that we converted so I can push it , it works great , you can put down pressure on it and it really cuts . Be careful of the rocks , those old blades don’t like that big skid loader , I will need to replace some blades . We have about 24” of clay on this track and we have had guys tell me it’s the best track around and it’s as good if not better than most NTPA tracks . We run two packers and I run my skid loader with that 8 ft wide land plane that we built . 
The day before the pull we disk it open and water it it with a big tank with a pump and flood it pretty good , disk in the water and pack it with our packers , land plane it and then one of our road grader guys stops down for a finish on the top . Depending on what the weather is doing for rain depends on the amount of water we put down . After a few years of doing this we have it down . 
Steve , that is a 1066 and I built it in my shop , my good friends wife is running it in the powder puff , we are trying to get the girls pulling and it’s working well , those gals can drive them 👍😎
Danny 

And that's what it takes. Someone who gives a darn. I'm sure the pay is sub standard, but ever single person using it and watching enjoys your hard work and dedication. I admire that Danny 

4 of us built this track , along with more donated help with trucks hauling clay , donated road grader guy , the list is endless . At the end of the day we have a few sponsors so instead of 4 of us paying out of our own pocket to put these pulls on so everyone can have fun if we are lucky we break even 😳 I have done a lot around this area to promote pulling and I really enjoy it and we are getting some of the girls pulling now and as you can see in the pictures there pulling the 10,500 lbs up 👍😎 

We have talked about having a tractor pulling training day to get more folks involved in pulling , just need to come up with something simple so we can simulate a load with out having a sled .

Danny