empty showrooms

pt756

3 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

All the ammo we stockpiled will come in handy!!!

Amen, have around 6000 rounds in one of my gun safes now in 5 or 6 of my favorite calibers and over 50 of those "murderous" high capacity magazines and about 10 of those "terroristic" drum magazines. Live off my own water well and have a generator. My better half cans food and makes jelly every year, have over 130 pounds of deer meat and sausage in the freezer and can get more out the dining room window if necessary. I got plenty of sycamore trees in my woods by the house if another toilet paper shortage happens. Don't know what the latte' drinkers will do.? But uncertainty appears to be the mood for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

I believe that this is them trying to push the vehicle off the cliff as fast as they can to the one world order at the bottom of the canyon 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, busted knuckles said:

I sold all of my guns to -- John Yellowhair on the reservation before I moved, I am a passivist now mister government. No need to come to my house. 

Me too. John must be loaded because he bought all mine too and paid cash ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

I had a post on here earlier about looking for a new pickup, didnt bv take long to say SCREW THAT!  Nobody is barely moving off of MSRP prices, and used is stupid expensive for  rusted out junk.  

Sad thing is that now nothing is affordable.  EVERYTHING machinery and vehicle wise is overpriced.

Sad thing is, will it ever correct?  Prices rise easily but are slow to come down.  

When it does correct, new vehicles or machinery will be far down your needs list or wants???

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bitty said:

I believe that this is them trying to push the vehicle off the cliff as fast as they can to the one world order at the bottom of the canyon 

Along with the “Russian” attacks on the pipeline...

1 hour ago, busted knuckles said:

I sold all of my guns to -- John Yellowhair on the reservation before I moved, I am a passivist now mister government. No need to come to my house. 

I turned in all my guns for free Reba McEntire concert tickets when she had her guns for tickets offer. What a fun concert! I was screaming like a little school girl when she came on stage. The ammo I donated to a homeless animal shelter. What a great feeling to help our fury brethren.

• Like 2

I'm glad I traded trucks last April,  on week 2 of this mess.....got a great deal on a carry over 2019 off the lot....when dealers were worried no one would be able to come in the dealership for 6 months and they weren't selling cars.  

Local Kioti dealer sold out of his spring order of compact diesels in about 3 weeks......none to replace them.....sucks for the small hometown dealers when they have no inventory to sell.

• Sad 1

have seen the bto (un branded)stealers, stealing!!  90 trucks for < book ( <$4K) putting < $3K into clean up and selling in minutes for $35K ++++++++++ all range 80-300K

suppose to be "local" report in 5 hrs how you can get a good deal off the lot

BUDDY OF MINE OWNS A YAMAHA DEALERSHIP. MAKES ORDERS OF 50 PLUS MACHINES COUPLE TIMES A YEAR. LAST ORDER THEY TELL HIM MAYBE HE WILL GET 3 MACHINES.

• Sad 1

I went to buy some 0.35 flux core welding wire at my usual store. The shelves were almost empty of all types of welding supplies... I'll have to scour the black market for a spool of flux core wire!

Thx-Ace 

18 hours ago, lorenzo said:

E6AD806E-D232-443A-991B-536247A46278.jpeg.9dc2f72050c58508813017b5ce8fd890.jpeg

well it’s like this 5779DCB0-79FC-42CF-9B89-BE63541E712D.jpeg.7318b36acf23651d62338ba5a36b3e57.jpeg

We’re headed down hill at an increasingly fast pace . 
36F0DC9F-8CD6-49DE-89F8-D1B054C727A6.thumb.jpeg.964bff80894267b1276aab49992eba9c.jpeg

You know the old saying. " you can vote in Communism but you usually have to shoot your way back out of it"

• Like 2

17 hours ago, New Englander said:

Wait it out. Eventually all the trucks they're building will get the parts they're missing and the used prices will come down. Just two years ago I bought a 2013 3/4 ton 4X4 extended cab long bed with only 10 k on it for, I think, 32. It certainly was a deal as I probably could get all my money back even with 20k on it due to the shortage of new trucks.

I'll bet prices never will go down much again.  Read an article that auto manufacturers finally learned they can be more profitable without excess volume, or building cheaper models to lure new buyers to the brand.  They said pretty bluntly no more special promotions or discounts to rid of excess vehicles.  That's pretty much how every vehicle my family has was purchased.....leftovers nobody wanted.  Back in 2008 I wrote a check (vehicle, tax, registration, title fees) for my regular cab 3/4 ton (leftover 07 model) pickup for $23,800.  If I added 10,000 to that number now I dont think it would be enough!  

20 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I afraid we ain't seen nothing yet. 

That's the plan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

I'll bet prices never will go down much again.  Read an article that auto manufacturers finally learned they can be more profitable without excess volume, or building cheaper models to lure new buyers to the brand.  They said pretty bluntly no more special promotions or discounts to rid of excess vehicles.  That's pretty much how every vehicle my family has was purchased.....leftovers nobody wanted.  Back in 2008 I wrote a check (vehicle, tax, registration, title fees) for my regular cab 3/4 ton (leftover 07 model) pickup for $23,800.  If I added 10,000 to that number now I dont think it would be enough!  

Sticker prices are shocking now so there's no way I'll ever buy a new one.

Back when the Arabs shut the oil off in the '70s I was driving a Ford PU with a 360 and my wife had a Plymouth Fury III, also a 360. Gas was going up a nickle a day so we looked for something more economical. All the dealers were placing an "additional dealer markup" tag on the windows and I refused to pay it. We finally found a Toyota dealer who was selling at sticker and bought a Celica; traded the PU.

I almost bought a GMC diesel PU and fortunately for me the dealer was less than pleasant and I backed out or I would have been saddled with that turkey.

Best deals I've found on cars lately are Hertz select, which will come back once the rental fleets are back to full in a couple of years. We'll keep running our 2013 models for now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, acem said:

I went to buy some 0.35 flux core welding wire at my usual store. The shelves were almost empty of all types of welding supplies... I'll have to scour the black market for a spool of flux core wire!

Thx-Ace 

May have a roll at my house that I don't need. Don't know how much shipping would be to you

15 hours ago, acem said:

Thx-Ace 

Have a two pound spool of 0.30 flux core. if it would help and I can probably throw in free shipping.

I work at a mid sized Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Ram dealer about 50 miles north of Chicago.  We are limited to 20 new units per month.

We typically have a 3-400 vehicle inventory.  We're at about 70 now.

I found some flux core today. My wife likes to go to Fort smith anyway. Bought her lunch, etc. It's all good.

I just shouldn't have to drive 100 miles round trip for welding wire!

Thx-Ace 

just saw an ad on the news  here at 10 for job postings at the unemployment office, they have over 1000 openings, " please come see us we have plenty of opportunities " was the slogan