She said she liked old style riding mowers...

MTO

And she can till her OWN garden AND fill the potholes in the driveway she always complains about....

Happy wife, happy life they say!

May be an image of outdoors

• Like 4

:rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, MTO said:

And she can till her OWN garden AND fill the potholes in the driveway she always complains about....

Happy wife, happy life they say!

MTO..in this age of selfish and sometimes violent men....your gentle ..new age approach  to your wife's needs and desires ...sends a message of warmth and hope  to all of us old blokes ...whose wives have seemingly finished with us.......sometimes when one is adressed  as '' Hey....you ""  I wonder if they don't even remember that first name even.......:rolleyes:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MTO said:

without all the safety switches and junk, so I found her one.

Mark I thought you had bought her a horse ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MTO said:

Nice Ridemaster! Wonder why it's in Simplicity orange? Can't imagine they bought the green ones & repainted them. They were competitors from the same town, Port Washington, Wi.

Mike

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

AD0D9117-3CD5-452C-A91B-0E1F0290CDDA.thumb.jpeg.8f29d733379c9ec172fd18920a9b4e81.jpegA3534E95-EEDE-4D15-A817-FDC4CEBF8507.thumb.jpeg.64b4ad416c14c99c8ef5517fe2817cad.jpeg

mine also has a total lack of Electronica nannies. 

What idiot engineer thought it would be a good idea to straddle a running gasoline engine while mowing your lawn??

And it looks like the drive axle tires might be a little challenged in the traction department....

I just took another look - is that thing front wheel drive!?!!!!!

• Haha 1

wonder how you get reverse ? DO you steer into it? and if you want to trim your toe nails on your right foot, just turn your foot a little, and lower it, be carefull though. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MTO said:

without all the safety switches and junk, so I found her one.

bought a Deere X310 and didnt take me long to disable the "operator present" switch under the seat and over ride the "mow in reverse" safety switch. put a jumper wire there that can be removed in a matter of seconds to return original, didnt have to unplug or cut any wires. heres the one that over rides the mow in reverse, its the 2 blue crimped on spade ends that are just pushed into the appropriate terminals on the wiring harness.

IMG_20190821_200443738 (1).jpg

1 hour ago, IHKIWI said:

Mark I thought you had bought her a horse ?

She rides that at night?

She didn’t pick him for his mower

Seriously though that’s cool, our world would get rid of a lot of idiots if we brought this equipment back into use, no warning, achtung or danger labels just go at it

The Swisher is indeed a front wheel drive. Even better, you reverse it by turning wheel all the way around 180 degrees. A friend of mine has a few. While parading it he will sometimes turn the wheel continuously. It will go in a circle that looks like it was drawn by a Spirograph. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave Downs said:

What idiot engineer thought it would be a good idea to straddle a running gasoline engine while mowing your lawn??

And it looks like the drive axle tires might be a little challenged in the traction department....

I just took another look - is that thing front wheel drive!!!!!

The engine in that location isn't bad.

1 hour ago, Fred B said:

wonder how you get reverse ? DO you steer into it? and if you want to trim your toe nails on your right foot, just turn your foot a little, and lower it, be carefull though. 

That style was the first lawn mower I ever used, in the 80s.  When I heard they were going to quit making them, I got a new one, sometime around '06.  Looks like they started making them again.  I have a couple old ones yet, I forget about them, but the new one has a guard on the discharge.  Old ones were 2 speed, new one is belt drive trans., but infinitely variable, push pedal more, go faster.  Haven't used it for a few years though, inner yard only takes about 10 minutes with a trimmer, outer gets "cowed".

36 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

The Swisher is indeed a front wheel drive. Even better, you reverse it by turning wheel all the way around 180 degrees. A friend of mine has a few. While parading it he will sometimes turn the wheel continuously. It will go in a circle that looks like it was drawn by a Spirograph. 

Yeah, front wheel can be turned continuously around.  I found it very handy when I mowed more.

The newer one had a safety switch on the seat, but that's all.

5 hours ago, lorenzo said:

AD0D9117-3CD5-452C-A91B-0E1F0290CDDA.thumb.jpeg.8f29d733379c9ec172fd18920a9b4e81.jpegA3534E95-EEDE-4D15-A817-FDC4CEBF8507.thumb.jpeg.64b4ad416c14c99c8ef5517fe2817cad.jpeg

mine also has a total lack of Electronica nannies. 

Yep, a Big Mow!  We had one growing up and I mowed many years and miles with it. Motor was a little warm on your thighs but not bad. First zero turn, it was a hoot. Just crank the wheel around and go the other direction. Had good traction on the front wheel. Ours was two speed also, had a knob to twist to change speeds. The lever under the steering wheel engaged the drive wheel. Only bad thing about the contraption was it didn’t like side hills. Tippy little devil. Not flip over tippy but just scalp the lawn tippy. 

Mine is a 1959 , single speed . Not the one called “ Big Mow “   It came later.

Swisher was the first company to offer a zero turn mower . They work very well really. This was the first rider I ever used . 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Takn4aFool said:

bought a Deere X310 and didnt take me long to disable the "operator present" switch under the seat and over ride the "mow in reverse" safety switch. put a jumper wire there that can be removed in a matter of seconds to return original, didnt have to unplug or cut any wires. heres the one that over rides the mow in reverse, its the 2 blue crimped on spade ends that are just pushed into the appropriate terminals on the wiring harness.

IMG_20190821_200443738 (1).jpg

My GT-18 will discharge the battery if you unplug the seat safety switch, i am sure it can be bypassed, but i have never given it more attention.

• Like 1