Bought some IH splitting stands

I bought some international splitting stands at an auction a few weeks ago. I found pics of some of them in my 986 service manual but have questions on a few of the smaller pieces I couldn’t find. I know the four wheeled one is for clutch jobs and things like that and I got the brackets to attach to the frame rails. And the 3 wheeled triangular one supports the rear end so it can be removed. And the pipe with the big J bolts is used to lift the cab. 

How about some of the smaller brackets in the last pic? I have the piece of square tubing with the pipe off the side of it and the extendable tube with the brace angled off it I’m not sure what they are used for. Thanks!

41B56D5E-43A0-413A-8E85-83A4260935DF.jpeg

2E0A4F8A-0B58-4C66-B773-937792607A5E.jpeg

26C2CC87-8CA7-461E-8E03-E35C7756164F.jpeg

• Like 3

The tube with the pipe is for supporting cab on 50 series need 2 of them. The flat plate with short tube goes on the front of the  A frame (which fits under the drawbar pin bracket). The piece in the front of your A frame picture is for rear axle removal. The piece with the bolt  is for the rear of the A frame, need 2 of them to go under drawbar support of the tractor. The angle iron piece I can't tell for sure from picture is possible for mounting transmission housing to engine stand adapter plate. Congratulations on your find. I have several pieces of tractor handler set from when the local dealer closed years ago.

• Thanks 1

Thats cool! The dealership I was at had a set of those.

Thanks very much for the information. Glad to know I have the majority of the stuff, bet I can build whatever I don’t have that I need in the future. Have a 986 I need to pull the rear end out of. I found these scanning through an auction in the TX panhandle online. The auction company didn’t know what they really were and just had them listed as transmission stands. They should come in pretty handy. I’m working on getting the wheels lubed up  so that they are free now. 

Those rear stands aren't as heavy as I'd like. They would work for holding the main center section of the rear housing after you've taken every thing off, but I don't trust them to holding up a rear end on an 86 series when doing a clutch job....

Travis

On 5/8/2021 at 4:48 PM, ryangpayne said:

I bought some international splitting stands at an auction a few weeks ago. I found pics of some of them in my 986 service manual but have questions on a few of the smaller pieces I couldn’t find. I know the four wheeled one is for clutch jobs and things like that and I got the brackets to attach to the frame rails. And the 3 wheeled triangular one supports the rear end so it can be removed. And the pipe with the big J bolts is used to lift the cab. 

How about some of the smaller brackets in the last pic? I have the piece of square tubing with the pipe off the side of it and the extendable tube with the brace angled off it I’m not sure what they are used for. Thanks!

41B56D5E-43A0-413A-8E85-83A4260935DF.jpeg

2E0A4F8A-0B58-4C66-B773-937792607A5E.jpeg

26C2CC87-8CA7-461E-8E03-E35C7756164F.jpeg

If you mostly will use them on row crop tractors there are quite a few parts missing. 
The threaded plate adapters you have on the main frame cross bar are the ones to be used on the plates attached to a 2+2 front section to prevent the front end from raising up off of the handler. There are holes at the top for a pin or bolt to stop vertical travel.

You are missing the lifting bar for the cab. Shown here from a control center installation instruction manual. Item 1 in the illustration.

image.png.851bb42d8b4e9b20e5c25f246f7f6754.png

• Like 1

anyone have pics when  using for splitting on the rail ? i have the main frame  and the A frame . thats about it .  nice collection you have there.  ih stands are like anvils, all the parts are missing when u find them none of the threading tools ect will be with them lol

• Like 1