Jump to content

Colonial pipeline shut down, ransomed


acem
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, Ihfan4life said:

The makings of a conspiracy theory is derived from thinking outside the media approved dialogue.

So the question becomes when does it go from being a conspiracy theory to factually accurate information? When do the tinfoil hat wearers become the phd’s of tomorrow’s media blitz? When does the improbable become the possible? 

The tinfoil hat wearers never become PHD's because they dont formulate ideas and theories the way PHDs do.  They think and act like tin foil hat wearers.   Not to say that they cant get lucky once in awhile, but,  even a blind squirrel gets an acorn sometimes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I deal with several

Some are clueless about the simplest things.

I have to research some of their "theories" and have disproved a few with actual demonstrations 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jeeper61 said:

I deal with several

Some are clueless about the simplest things.

I have to research some of their "theories" and have disproved a few with actual demonstrations 

Highly intelligent but have no common sense thinking skills...............ton of them on my wife's side of the family(Including mother in law)............they don't care much for my thoughts, and I think its stupid to spend a billion to get a piece of paper to prove your smart.  So we agree to disagree, the part that annoys me is when a subject is front and center in my wheel house and they think I am in tin foil hat land..................If you got tubeless tires on your garden tractor, and they start having slow leaks, don't get upset when you have me take them off, put on NEW tires TUBELESS because that is what you want and I don't know what I am talking about, you still have tires that have slow leaks, and I am running your old tires WITH TUBES on one of mine with no issues.   Things like that really annoy me.............Its not rocket science, you just need to THINK about it, just because the tire says it is "TUBELESS" doesn't mean that it is a LAW.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PHD = Piled Higher and Deeper

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Interesting article.

At least the “Russian hackers”(??) used a Carolina address rather than a DC address. 
They must have PhD’s as conspiracy theorists would never question that ?

Those "Russian Hackers" likely won a green card loto that is why they have a "Carolina address"

Boston Marathon bombers came in that way 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i disagree with you guys and your theory, there a  tons of guys on here that i consider extremely intelligent about a lot of things including tractors, raising families, providing for their families, farming, gardening, electrical, plumbing, electronics, just to name a few things and they have plenty of common sense along with it

oh yea theres even a couple hacks like myself on here that arent good at much but rely on fortitude and grace - and i do have a little common sense some days 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

that there are Highly intelligent people but have no common sense thinking skills

 

that theory doenst add up at least here anyway, you can be highly intelligent and have common sense, look at people like iron diesel, sandhiller, dennis,  finney, bitty, sledge, mto, mike at triple r, pump guys, excavator guys, on and on tons more of you guys i just cant remember all of you, loads of guys here i would trust with a lot and i havent met you 

can you imagine the company we could run and things we could accomplish with all of our talents? 

I bet we could make one heck of a tractor for starters and paint it red 

37 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

That they are not "Russian Hackers" ?

 

no and no not those two

16 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

Or Post Hole Digger

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

that there are Highly intelligent people but have no common sense thinking skills

A PHD is a Highly Educated person

That automatically doesn't make you highly intelligent or give you common sense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

A PHD is a Highly Educated person

That automatically doesn't make you highly intelligent or give you common sense.

A Ph D is a specialist.

"And a specialist is a person who knows more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

On the other hand a generalist is a person who knows less and less about more and more until they know nothing about everything."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

common sense has two types 

Learned from life experiences - ouch that hurts I won't do that again

Good reasoning ability - Let me think about what could go wrong and plan around it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting a PHD means that you are good at the process required to get one. Doesn't mean you are more or less intelligent, or have more or less common sense. Some people are good test takers, some aren't. Some love the school environment, some don't. To some, having a credential that makes them a part of the "cultural elite" is important enough to spend the time and resources to get it. To others, not so much. The real value of the PHD credential is that it admits you to the "club" of people who can teach at a university, for big money and a lifetime tenure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

common sense has two types 

Learned from life experiences - ouch that hurts I won't do that again

Good reasoning ability - Let me think about what could go wrong and plan around it 

Problem is both are in short supply anymore 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, yellowrosefarm said:

To some, having a credential that makes them a part of the "cultural elite"

And then they think they are automatically an expert on how you should live your life 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, yellowrosefarm said:

Getting a PHD means that you are good at the process required to get one. Doesn't mean you are more or less intelligent, or have more or less common sense. Some people are good test takers, some aren't. Some love the school environment, some don't. To some, having a credential that makes them a part of the "cultural elite" is important enough to spend the time and resources to get it. To others, not so much. The real value of the PHD credential is that it admits you to the "club" of people who can teach at a university, for big money and a lifetime tenure.

I've spoken with two PHD's that I personally know, and after several years post graduation they reluctantly admit that to be admitted to their elite club, you must cast off any common sense and conform to what your "PHD superiors" tell you, no matter what your eyes and  lived experience tell you. This earns you the "right" to feel/act superior  to lesser educated individuals. Also, what helps a lot is to have dirty knees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, The New Number One said:

I've spoken with two PHD's that I personally know, and after several years post graduation they reluctantly admit that to be admitted to their elite club, you must cast off any common sense and conform to what your "PHD superiors" tell you, no matter what your eyes and  lived experience tell you. This earns you the "right" to feel/act superior  to lesser educated individuals. Also, what helps a lot is to have dirty knees.

Exactly. And they were willing to endure that to get theirs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2021 at 6:50 AM, Frank H said:

If we know who is behind it,  why are they still alive? No matter where they are located,  there should be a smoking hole in the ground to mark their last location.  What do our people in cyber security actually do if they don't have a way to find these scum and eliminate them physically?

Washington DC.  is a big place, you might actually hit someone that is innocent. MIGHT!!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...