Colonial pipeline shut down, ransomed

I heard on the radio news that the colonial pipeline was shut down due to a ransom attack by hackers. I googled it up and confirmed it.

Anyone with information?

I didn't realize pipelines were controlled by computers capable of being controlled over the interweb.

This sounds like something @Dr._EVIL would do!

Thx-Ace 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This proves my point. If we went to war tomorrow, would we have the ability to manufacture products for war? We need manufacturing done in this country for our own protection.  

Truth!!!!!!

BBC reported they are likely in Russia or a former USSR country because they attack companies all over the globe except those operating in Russia or those former ussr countries. I think we had ga

Posted Images

This one or the one that's on here. Or are they one and the same. 

3279360ffd16ef15411746c53ae6291c.jpg

• Haha 1

Honestly Dr. Evil couldnt have even done something so disruptive himself.  

All this progress and dependency on stuff connected to the internet has its drawbacks.....and we just saw it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

in house  said commodity was too low $

and since all the mexicans/aliens are here and dont need $, couldnt even hire one to blow up for effect

I heard that too. They shut it down/off because of a software attack. I believe they said it’s the largest pipeline in the States.

Domestic terrorism? I’m sure Korella will be right on it.

• Sad 1

Must have been the Russians because we all know it couldn't be the Chinese. It suits Biden's agenda because it raises the price of gas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Practice run for doin the electric grid next winter................

(Might want to pick up some extra long-johns)

Mike

• Like 2

Our IT department at work has said they are subjected to 10’s of thousands and attacks a month.  They don’t go into details

lots of places out there that produce oil and could make money on this 

• Confused 1

Michigan going to shutdown line #5 which supplies eastern Canada crossing underwater through the strait of Mackinac, can’t get new lines approved and built and shutting down existing, oil prices set to rise

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, hardtail said:

Michigan going to shutdown line #5 which supplies eastern Canada crossing underwater through the strait of Mackinac, can’t get new lines approved and built and shutting down existing, oil prices set to rise

And that terrorist is known to the world as Michigans own Governor Whitmer, not getting political, just stating fact.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, JaredT said:

And that terrorist is known to the world as Michigans own Governor Whitmer, not getting political, just stating fact.

Truth!!!!!!

• Like 6

Perhaps the FBI could be of some use and catch these pricks.

Is this to much to ask?

• Like 3
Just now, Diesel Doctor said:

Is this to much to ask?

Or is the Fbi or some other branch behind it at the behest of some anti oil person? 🤷‍♂️ got to wondering about that this morning.

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Or is the Fbi or some other branch behind it at the behest of some anti oil person? 🤷‍♂️ got to wondering about that this morning.

probably just some bone head clicking on every email they get.

I distant cousin who has been trapped in Nambia has wired you 10Millions USA dollarz,  click link to copy funds to your account.

click click click click.....   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
48 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Is this to much to ask?

Chances are whoever did it is overseas 

Probably overseas but it could be domestic. We have plenty of criminals here as well. Terrorists too but I think this is greed. Thx-Ace 

• Like 2

BBC reported they are likely in Russia or a former USSR country because they attack companies all over the globe except those operating in Russia or those former ussr countries.

I think we had gasoline cars and pipelines in the 1970’s. How did they operate these pipelines without computers back then? If it’s such a national security issue maybe we need to go back to the old system!

• Like 6
3 hours ago, MTO said:

Has it been resolved yet?

yes $ up .50 owners request filled

doenst fit the narrative or the co $

I think we had gasoline cars and pipelines in the 1970’s. How did they operate these pipelines without computers back then? If it’s such a national security issue maybe we need to go back to the old system!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mmi said:

yes $ up .50 owners request filled

doenst fit the narrative or the co $

Or Homer Simpson at the controls...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mmi said:

How did they operate these pipelines without computers back then? If it’s such a national security issue maybe we need to go back to the old system!

They had remote operated valves that worked off of radio control and also manually operated valves. But there was a human operator that kept track of things on a huge control board. Plus they human pumpers that patrolled the pipelines in pickups and aircraft. And they all communicated with each other on a regular basis using 2-way radios.....not cell phones.

Jut as a side note, here at Dyess AFB just outside Abilene, Texas Marathon Oil has two pipelines that cross the base. Twice a week, but never at the same time a Cessna 172 pipeline patrol plane will fly across the base checking the pipelines. For 15 minutes before and after, the Air Force shuts down all flight activity while pipeline patrol flies over.

• Like 1
On 5/9/2021 at 7:44 PM, AKwelder said:

Our IT department at work has said they are subjected to 10’s of thousands and attacks a month.  They don’t go into details

lots of places out there that produce oil and could make money on this 

Places likes Iran, who are become more aggressive.