Been working this idea up in my head for a while now, I found this Oneida system for shop vacs it really surprised me how well it works it's supposed to catch most the chips before it goes into the vac but it also seemed to bring more life outta the vac. When I was looking at the owners manual they had some examples of rigs people had put together that's were I got the idea to put everything on a hand truck, you can actually mount the Oneida to the vac but it looks like it be clumsy. I always thought metal chips were hard on shop vacs but like a machinist friend said the cutting oil seems to be worse. I had to get a new house for my shop vac the old one was clogged up with dirt and oil, I thought it was on it's last leg but it's came back to life with some tlc I got to finish mounting everything down but I already like how everything turned out it will be easier to move back and forth from the lathe and mill plus anywhere else in or out of the shop

IMG_20210507_132639_7.jpg

• Like 2

Fancy.............I still use paint brushes and t-slot scrapers, never got into the vacuum end here.  I guess everyone I worked for was to cheap for such things and it stuck with me.  

That ACER box way?????  Cat 40 spindle????

29 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Fancy.............I still use paint brushes and t-slot scrapers, never got into the vacuum end here.  I guess everyone I worked for was to cheap for such things and it stuck with me.  

That ACER box way?????  Cat 40 spindle????

R8 with a maxi torque drawbar

Figured it was R8, but had to ask...................My "Super-Crap(SuperMax) has box ways with a CAT40...............Haven't seen any others like it in person.  

1 minute ago, TP from Central PA said:

Figured it was R8, but had to ask...................My "Super-Crap(SuperMax) has box ways with a CAT40...............Haven't seen any others like it in person.  

I've seen cat40 but never ran them, how do you like it?

11 hours ago, 88power said:

I've seen cat40 but never ran them, how do you like it?

Love the CAT40..............but that probably comes more from CNC machines than this mill.  

2 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Love the CAT40..............but that probably comes more from CNC machines than this mill.  

I was gonna say it's rare down here unless in CNC, most people think because I have a power feed on my table it's CNC, they watch to much TV

Lotta stuff at work is 40, but running multiple tools with an automatic tool changer and belt magazine running production parts.

That's a Central New York company! One of the few left...