5088 power beyond

Set up my planter for hydraulic drive and I'm finding all the quirks of the 5088.

If I run the drive off the hydraulic motor port, I can't lift the 3 point, so im running it off the port closest to the seat. but that one won't lock forward,  so I'm locking it back. Well now the spool itself is leaking bad on the top of the valve stack when I'm running the hydraulic drive.

Can I just plumb the hydraulic drive into the capped of port right off the pump like a normal power beyond set up or will that make it run on high pressure all the time?

1 hour ago, brahamfireman said:

Thanks,  I was worried about not having a signal line hooked and maybe screwing things up but looks like all I need is a check valve inline.

Read #2 again. Covers the signal line and possible check valve requirement.

13 hours ago, Maynard said:

Read #2 again. Covers the signal line and possible check valve requirement.

I'm not installing an additional valve,  I want to remove the #4 cap and run a hose straight to the back of the tractor and then connect directly to the PWM on my hydraulic drive, No signal line anywhere. #2 and the note below both talk about adding a check to the signal line.

I have the loader return line on the tractor already,  which is where I'm returning the oil too.

11 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

I'm not installing an additional valve,  I want to remove the #4 cap and run a hose straight to the back of the tractor and then connect directly to the PWM on my hydraulic drive, No signal line anywhere. #2 and the note below both talk about adding a check to the signal line.

I have the loader return line on the tractor already,  which is where I'm returning the oil too.

You will be limited to low pressure standby for pressure and no more flow than that pressure will develope. You need a signal line to tell pump what to do.