1086 ac

ky966boy

My buddy was going to change service ports to new style on his 1086 I noticed his red and blue caps are opposite mine on my 1486 both have York’s and both are working is this possible, am I looking at something wrong.

Mine is like yours Matt. Had to use a 90 degree adapter on the inside and turn the fittings on the compressor for it to fit. I think I actually had to take the discharge line off the compressor, put the adapter on, and reattached the line. 

10 hours ago, jnbru said:

If I remember correctly York compressor head will bold on turned either way. You always have to look for the s or I stamped on their heads.

Yes I found the s on an old pump I have we’re going to match them up like that .

7 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

How did you install the adapters? There's no way mine will fit on the one line.

20210403_171314.jpg.cce10979353e30edcef6a2ec215d3e7e.jpg

We haven’t changed them yet I was waiting for more info .his old one are like yours but the place for gauges come out the top the red one is on the inside and I couldn’t get my gauges on it because of air filter that’s why we were going to put new style service ports on . I don’t know how it was previously charged. I’m cutting wheat now so it will a few days before I can get back to it . 

The York style compressors are available in left and right models. The suction could be on the left or right.

Look closely on top for the S and D to determine how to hook it up!

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1