What’s the best to use on dirty, corroded aluminum diamond tread?

i have a refrigerant tank rack that I’d like to re use but want to make prettier than it is now. Suggestions?

3 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

What’s the best to use on dirty, corroded aluminum diamond tread?

i have a refrigerant tank rack that I’d like to re use but want to make prettier than it is now. Suggestions?

I’ve had good luck with “mother’s”

Is it coated? 

• Thanks 1

diamond plate can be a C S to polish, if you have ever use a washing soda and a battery charger, cleans steel up shiny clean, would likely work for your intent without polishing. 

Here is beginning, then one pass. I used some stuff I found at Napa, seems to work ok to remove oxidation. 

I know it won’t be perfect but I can’t see throwin the dang thing away cuz it’s faded a touch.

heck if they are that close they are probably stealing the Freon and don’t give a shot anyways lol

1145A893-0097-4118-BEF4-D083D3297154.jpeg

696FF9BD-BAAA-4417-BDCA-6D0DF8F5035C.jpeg

61F69405-47AF-4628-B4B7-75E49DAC002F.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey Z, I'm just running this up a flagpole and see if anyone stands at attention and salutes, how about do a cleanup then spray it with a black satin paint, gloss would be to bright and flat just wouldn't look right, but satin could give it a powder coat look, that might give it a classy glassy look.

I’ll post pics as the truck gets put together, the chassis got delivered yesterday I believe

We use Flitz for polishing aluminum aircraft brightwork. Here's their take on trucks:

It's not as easy as their video would make it appear.

https://www.flitz.com/semi-truck-cleaners-polishes-waxes-and-protectants

scotch brite and pink stuff or fine steel wool and windex then buff it with mothers or other alum. polish

We have had great success with this stuff by California Custom.  It worked well with minimal effort.  Go cave man on it and things looked fabulous.  The local truck stop used to carry it.

Purple Metal Polish

Frankly I prefer diamond plate dull, hate shiny stuff. Too much glare, shiny bling is just putting on the dog. 

A loose sewn cloth muslin buffing wheel run on edge in two directions to correspond with the diamonds with your favorite compound on it.  The cloth edges will spread out over the diamonds to buff in between.   Like this.

https://benchmarkabrasives.com/products/copy-of-6-x-1-2-x-1-cotton-spiral-sewn-buffing-wheel?variant=34514662860&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQjwytOEBhD5ARIsANnRjVhHMRVVQuCc1k6c-O53baPRZEJLvmqQdKvT2pzXlrv3i1HRUb-RCVkaAsAVEALw_wcB

did you get your new truck set up yet?