Saw it just in time! 

EC2663F0-0F67-4C3C-BD91-6E88CD1C2A9B.jpeg

• Like 8

This is a picture of one that I’ve had saved on my phone for a while, in the unlikely event I ever get one it’ll be painted the same way.

D8E21692-673A-4364-A16A-AFE0753B8A51.jpeg

• Like 6
4 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

Anyone looking for a right hand drive?

182699256_886301632226567_6984930953958122911_n.jpg

Yes please......then I can have two of them 😃.....any chance it has power steering ??? I’d really love to find a R/H power steering box for mine....  I’m not sure if they even exist....I have asked a few people in the know but can’t seem to get a definite answer.....would like to know for sure,

Heath,NZ

6 minutes ago, IHKIWI said:

Yes please......then I can have two of them 😃.....any chance it has power steering ??? I’d really love to find a R/H power steering box for mine....  I’m not sure if they even exist....I have asked a few people in the know but can’t seem to get a definite answer.....would like to know for sure,

Heath,NZ

I don't see a pump or hoses........

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3880332362088144/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A9b44405f-24b5-445e-b96b-f4fb482b0e5e

183023781_886301368893260_1755218047037790978_n.jpg

53 minutes ago, IHKIWI said:

Heath,NZ

Is there enough room in the shed for two 😄?  

Marty,NZ

2 hours ago, IHKIWI said:

Heath,NZ

You can purchase an electric power steering that fits into your steering column.  The shop just cuts the steering column and installs this unit.  https://americanpowertrain.com/electric-power-steering/   I have one installed on my truck.  Easy peasy.....

1 hour ago, bigequip said:

You can purchase an electric power steering that fits into your steering column.  The shop just cuts the steering column and installs this unit.  https://americanpowertrain.com/electric-power-steering/   I have one installed on my truck.  Easy peasy.....

I wonder the price? No need now as my FIL sold the tractor but he had put a loader on a Yanmar with no power steering. The thought was to pirate an electric unit from a junkyard donor but he ended up selling the tractor.

Nice to know there's a solution.

Mine has the same stripes.  

97ABFDA0-2308-4AAE-A48E-B840677CF600.jpeg

• Like 9

I love the Scouts but they were hard to find in good shape in PA. Had a number of them over the years.  I built my 58 Willys with an aluminum body cheaper than I could find even a halfway nice Scout. The Jeep does have a transfer case and front rear from a Scout,  and a Dana 60 from a 1210 IH truck.  

Saw one last night called the terra, had a collapsible sportsman camper on it, 4 wheeler tv show.

14 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

I thought that would be the case ... thanks so much for checking ... much appreciated 😉

Heath, NZ 

14 hours ago, Martin Thompson said:

Is there enough room in the shed for two 😄?  

Marty,NZ

You watch 😆

This was the last Scout II I restored. I put a "Terra top" on it and built a diamond plate tonneau cover for the bed. The top was mounted at the back on a removable 2" tube so the space underneath was open front to back. I'm pretty sure I used every available patch panel sold and made the rest. It had a 196 with an auto trans and was a 7 year project. That is the original color grenoble green in Urethane.

Green Scout1.JPG

Terratonneau.JPG

• Like 4

Beautiful job, well done, I really like the Terra top 👍

4 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

This was the last Scout II I restored. I put a "Terra top" on it and built a diamond plate tonneau cover for the bed. The top was mounted at the back on a removable 2" tube so the space underneath was open front to back. I'm pretty sure I used every available patch panel sold and made the rest. It had a 196 with an auto trans and was a 7 year project. That is the original color grenoble green in Urethane.

Green Scout1.JPG

Terratonneau.JPG

Thats awesome! The urethane is intriguing, dad used to use nitrocellulose lacquer, said it was tremendous to spray but required buffing to achieve proper finish.... might explain the odd behavior too🤔