I have been looking for a loader tractor that fits the budget for a while now found a pretty straight oliver 1650 gas  cab mising windows, WF,3 point.  with a pretty nice westendorf loader on it the guy was using it up until a rear tire blew on it and has scene replaced with a new utility tractor and the oliver has been sitting a year and half now. It runs good hydraulics seem to work loader works moves back and forth and seems to go into all the gears. What's it worth? New rubber installed is $1600 and it's a gas drinker. I'm thinking maybe $1800? Runners without loaders with good rubber go for $2500-4000 being gassers.  I would use it as a yard tractor so not a main tractor. 

Almost bought a 1655 gas with a really good westendorf loader on several years ago but the loader was so slow.

Any pictures?  Price would be anyone's guess without pics and location.

My phone went dead otherwise I would have pictures. I'm in central MN  just wondering if we're talking M,560,or 706 money here. I was thinking about a 7/806 with 66 style shifters for a loader tractor but can't find one not beat to **** and back for under $5,000 

With tires that hold air but are bald, that Oliver is a 3500-4K tractor here in NY.   Diesel would be 6. And an IH.....a lot lot more.  I look at  those Oliver’s whenever one pops up local. Can’t buy a real straight one for under  5k. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Youngred2000 said:

My phone went dead otherwise I would have pictures. I'm in central MN  just wondering if we're talking M,560,or 706 money here. I was thinking about a 7/806 with 66 style shifters for a loader tractor but can't find one not beat to **** and back for under $5,000 

706 money I would guess.  Definitely better then an m or 560 if it has a good loader.  I'm in PA.  The loader itself might bring 3000 here.  $5000 for the works here if not more.  $7500 plus with good rubber if it is nice.  

Those Oliver’s were tough loader tractors once you got used to them. Their plus side. Long wheel base. Smooth running engine and somewhat durable. 

And the gassers were often more sturdy than some with the Waukasha diesel engine.

• Like 1

1962 Oliver 1600 hydro

$4,000

Vehicles

Listed 6 weeks ago in Newburg, MO

About This Vehicle

Exterior color: Green · Interior color: White

Fuel type: Diesel

Seller's description

It’s a great running tractor with lots of power brakes and clutch are good tires also. I’m positive whoever buys this tractor will love it. Texting me is probably the best way to get me.

161359623_268023341571196_4024675165577030809_n.jpg

I guess I would have to question the “we were using it until it blew a tire” story... never known a farmer to replace a tractor for want of a tire.. even a used tire unless there was something seriously wrong with the tractor. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I guess I would have to question the “we were using it until it blew a tire” story... never known a farmer to replace a tractor for want of a tire.. even a used tire unless there was something seriously wrong with the tractor. 

good point, but maybe he just needed that tire excuse to get the new tractor (presumably with more creature comforts) past SWMBO.

Local guy has a few horses and a few beef. Paid local shop about $3500 to put a clutch (etc), rims, some steering  and cosmetic stuff into an older non IH tractor that he had. (I happened to be at shop while mechanic was making up the bill). And I had heard that he had only given about 4K forthe tractor years ago. I remember thinking, even with $7500 in it now, it’s a nice tractor, that’s reasonable.   Guy uses it a year, or less, and I notice it suddenly setting outside in an odd spot, and a new ($50-60k -easy-Kubota 4wd,cab/loader, 50-60hp) setting in his garage. Good for him.  I think I should stop and try to buy his old one, but it’s not my style to just do that, figure I’ll call if I ever see a for sale sign on it or hear he’s looking to sell.  I shoulda stopped in, because a random guy, not a neighbor, did......and he stole it for $2500.  I’d have felt bad offering less than 6 or 6500.  New owner runs it ever day. Said it was leaking coolant so other guy parked it.  $300 radiator fixed it right up.  

That's enough to make you butter your butt and sit on a hill of red ants. Quote courtesy of Earl Pitts: AMERICAN

• Haha 1

I have 4 olivers grew up on them and IH tractors in the 60's and 70's I posted a 1650 on here a wile back 3200 hrs

Oliver was ahead of it time and there gas engines where solid but old tractors are hard to price with out seeing them

If it runs and drives as it should with a loader I would start at $3500 you can always come up 

9 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Judging by the new house and vehicles I don't think he farms for a living on his 20 acers 

6 minutes ago, Youngred2000 said:

Judging by the new house and vehicles I don't think he farms for a living on his 20 acers 

Either way, you dint retire a tractor for a flat tire.. I would say buyer beware, buy low, expect the worst.