My friend is working on a 68 c-50 truck. it seems to be missing major brake parts. Hydro vac  master cylinder etc. The truck is real clean inside and out. Starts easy and runs strong with a 366. Anyone know of junkyards with one to get parts from or has these parts. No truck yards around here so he will have to pay the freight. He desperately needs help

Dawson, MN has a big truck salvage yard.

• Thanks 1

Those vacuum brake boosters are getting to be damn hard to come by anymore. Even though NAPA. I remember dealing with that on our 75 C65 and that's getting around 20 years ago now. Master cylinders are a bit easier to come by. 

Probably anything hydra vac you get from a boneyard is going to be sketchy at best. There is a place in Missouri someplace that rebuilds them I've read somewhere.

Stupid question. Does this truck have power steering? I realize its a stupid question but some of those trucks like that could surprise you on features sometimes. Reason I ask is there is another option if it does and you don't mind doing some retro fitting.

I have a ‘69 C50 that we still use as a tender to haul seed to the planters and the drill with. It sat around for years and I decided I wanted to get it up and running again recently. It had a lot of brake problems from sitting in a barn for years. It would suck brake fluid through the intake every time you pushed the brake pedal. I didn’t have any trouble getting new parts for mine. There is still an old school truck parts place in St Joe, Missouri called Bolin Truck Parts. They can be a little difficult to deal with, but they are local to me. They still have all the old catalogs on a cabinet that they can look through. There was also a place called Gooch Brake in Kansas City, Missouri that everyone around here dealt with. I know that they have been bought out by Fleetpride. Gooch used to be able to rebuild anything and would design a brake system for you if needed. I don’t know if Fleetpride still has all the services that Gooch did or not. There is probably some old school place local to you that can supply you with parts. It just takes research to find the right place. There are less and less of these places every year it seems like.

Good luck

Napa can send the Hydro-vac to a rebuilder.  When ever I had one that needed rebuilding they always had a source.

Dad had a ‘68 C50 and gm changed master cylinders, I think, in the middle of the year. His was hard to find.

10 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Those vacuum brake boosters are getting to be damn hard to come by anymore. Even though NAPA. I remember dealing with that on our 75 C65 and that's getting around 20 years ago now. Master cylinders are a bit easier to come by. 

Probably anything hydra vac you get from a boneyard is going to be sketchy at best. There is a place in Missouri someplace that rebuilds them I've read somewhere.

Stupid question. Does this truck have power steering? I realize its a stupid question but some of those trucks like that could surprise you on features sometimes. Reason I ask is there is another option if it does and you don't mind doing some retro fitting.

Precision rebuilders Saint Clair Missouri, if they can't fix you up it probably no longer exists,great people who will go above and beyond to help you.

Vander Haag's. 8 locations. 

20 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I have a ‘69 C50 that we still use as a tender to haul seed to the planters and the drill with. It sat around for years and I decided I wanted to get it up and running again recently. It had a lot of brake problems from sitting in a barn for years. It would suck brake fluid through the intake every time you pushed the brake pedal. I didn’t have any trouble getting new parts for mine. There is still an old school truck parts place in St Joe, Missouri called Bolin Truck Parts. They can be a little difficult to deal with, but they are local to me. They still have all the old catalogs on a cabinet that they can look through. There was also a place called Gooch Brake in Kansas City, Missouri that everyone around here dealt with. I know that they have been bought out by Fleetpride. Gooch used to be able to rebuild anything and would design a brake system for you if needed. I don’t know if Fleetpride still has all the services that Gooch did or not. There is probably some old school place local to you that can supply you with parts. It just takes research to find the right place. There are less and less of these places every year it seems like.

Good luck

Fleetpride bought out one of, if not the biggest local parts store. They filled several dumpsters full of NEW old parts😱

I would be surprised if they didn’t do the same there.

• Sad 1