Hey welders, think you can compete?

69E2E573-77B4-41DA-AF93-B528B84E32E0.thumb.jpeg.c76e73afc8b1909ce6c510a7be1e9c39.jpeg13A30674-BAB9-424E-A6C0-646470169CB5.thumb.jpeg.3edaa10a0ab759a6188262e421d489c7.jpeg my work let them play with a welder  now they are aces😉.   One left us, told me that he told the new company  he was a great welder and that’s all he done 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 (I ran out of laughter faces).    
  I told him, they will definitely be surprised.     Ten minute welding class  I got this. 
I can weld pretty good, but these take the cake 

ps. There was one good weld 

I am no longer a very good welder but if my auto helmet isn't working I could probably do that.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welding is easy.

All you need is one ten minute lesson.

Followed by ten years of practice.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, supermechanic said:

Welding is easy.

All you need is one ten minute lesson.

And then you get old and shaky and blind and have to start learning again

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

When I got magnifying lenses to go in my helmet it was like I got a new welder.........

The distance my face is from the weld puddle is the exact distance I can't see clearly.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

When I got magnifying lenses to go in my helmet it was like I got a new welder.........

The distance my face is from the weld puddle is the exact distance I can't see clearly.

Never heard of magnifying lenses didn't know they existed. My 15 year old is a better welder than me for that very reason. I just can't see the weld clearly anymore. 

5 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

I hear that. Even with the lenses I'll get in a position where I can't get my eyes in the right distance. Time to update mine.

7 hours ago, supermechanic said:

I had more then 10 years of practice and I'll be the first to admit I'm still not a good welder.

• Like 1

Magnifying lenses can make a big diference..I have to have them or wear glasses when I weld now. It sucks but makes it possible to see what your welding again. And no I don't weld that much at work so what skills I did have are getting rusty. 

1 hour ago, KY2674 said:

Never heard of magnifying lenses didn't know they existed. My 15 year old is a better welder than me for that very reason. I just can't see the weld clearly anymore. 

Just like reading glasses come in different powers so do the lenses.

They are made in different sizes to fit different helmets.

Keeps from wearing glasses under the hood.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see they got the weld prep down really well!😝  And they learned how to grind some of the birdshit down!  Too bad they didn't learn about the grinder pre-weld instead of just post!

My first welding was in 1966, I really haven't improved much over the years.  Today my excuses are I am using Chinese 7018AC, my depth perception isn't very good, and and the auto helmet is too fast. Not any better but now I know why!

• Like 1

I would give it a try. Can I do it anonymously ? 

• Like 1