Messick's going BIG!

hobbyfarm

9 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I watch every day...........can't beat it for a laugh when I am here shoving my face with eggs for breakfast.  Local guys think there is more to it, and by that I don't mean agriculture..............We had a local guy here with cattle all over the place, I knew a bunch for fed for him, turned out when you start with money, 4 legs is a good place to hide it;)

Like I said, guys here dump mulch at those same places, they take that down, haul equipment back for the local equipment salvage yard.............Without the back haul, there isn't much there to make, granted he is closer, but still is there enough to buy new balers/SP discbines/fairly new tractors?????  Um, well, doesn't add up with my math, but I didn't get common core;)

Best one was the 250+ bu/acre corn going through a 6 row machine at MACH I....................I ran corn that yeilded that through acouple 6 row machines and know 2 things, you don't do such a thing fast......................and you sure as heck don't go far before the bin was full.   I didn't see either happening there:lol:

Was he putting most of the corn out the back ? 

3 minutes ago, bitty said:

Was he putting most of the corn out the back ? 

No, didn't look like it was there.................I heard that for years too.  Acouple guys here in the hills always spouted off about these huge yeilds they had, came down to the river bottoms one year after a flood to take some corn off that was in water, but the water didn't reach the ears..................Now all of a sudden they were harvesting real yeilds they "Claimed" they had..........Didn't go far before the bin was full, and the hydro lever didn't get moved to far up the quadrant doing it.  About like some guys here hauling to Turbotville with a single axle straight truck..........Ok, if your really harvesting 100 acres of 200 bu corn you would be hauling for months with 400 bu on the truck and the distance from here to there, waiting in line, etc...............not 2 weeks..........do the math:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Duntongw said:

Looking at your drawing, am I seeing that correct. Does that say 328 parking spaces? There must be an awful lot of people visit that place. Obviously not to scale.

I looked at it again and yes it says 328 parking spaces. I wouldn't be surprised if it is dictated by building size and zoning how many they have to have

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bitty said:

I looked at it again and yes it says 328 parking spaces. I wouldn't be surprised if it is dictated by building size and zoning how many they have to have

You are correct.  The municipality generally dictates the number of parking spaces based on some formula to the contractor and site development engineer.  The formula doesn't seem to take into account whether it is for retail space or for warehousing...at least that was my experience 20 years ago.  Hopefully, regs are getting wiser regarding 50% green space requirements and parking.  I just know that there is generally excessive lawn and parking lot space for most facilities.

• Like 1