Thinking about an electric mower ??

lorenzo

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

We put alot of hours on the rototiller, that thing was a beast.

By the way, my co-worker has a rototiller he is looking to sell.  He also knows another guy who specializes in parts and probably used tractors, too.  PM me if you want details.

Buddy made a call. We now think it is an avco/new idea electric garden tractor. Probably could be had tho the building it is in is falling down I believe. 

19 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Way ahead of all of you................My grandfather and old man had electric garden tractors from General Electric way back in the 70's.............Sold them and all the attachments in the mid-90's.  I sure wish they had kept them, they were neat, and with the batteries available now, they would really work, they actually worked well for the time, but the deep cycle batteries have come a long way since.  

GE electrak electric garden tractor - Posts | Facebook

They were New Idea too.

8 hours ago, New Englander said:

I spend a lot of time in CA. Every building and every product sold has a warning that it has ingredients "known to the state of California" to cause cancer. The warning is so ubiquitous that it's meaningless.

It's been CA that pushed no mixture adjustment on small engines.

My gas powered weed wacker was exciting the nerves in my elbow causing a tremor after a few minutes of use. One of our guys who lives in FL on a small lot suggested the EGO battery weed wacker. I said no, it'll never do my place. He replied that he had their mower and leaf blower as well and that the battery life was super, so I bought the weed wacker.

The thing is great! Battery lasts and lasts and no more tremor. I liked it so much I bought the leaf blower. I'd been using my old Solo mist blower from when I was still growing and was going to buy a real blower. I love the EGO one. It's quiet although noise isn't a problem, and it's powerful. I find new uses all the time. No more sweeping out the shop or hangar, just blow it out. The fact that it's ready to go without starting it is what I like. Instead of dragging an air hose to blow something off I'll just use that.

For the home owner the battery operated stuff is great I just bought a battery Makita chainsaw.

I think the issue will be the professionals

Their going to need a lot of extra batteries to make it through a typical day for a landscaping crew 

But maybe they can fire up the battery powered generator to charge it all up. ?  

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Lawmakers in California Pushing to Ban Sale of Leaf Blowers, Lawn Mowers and gas-powered small off-road engine equipment in the state.

So not only do they want disarm you but want to take your ability away to make up for the short comings of their green grid

Everything in California is known to cause cancer. 20+ years ago the 8900 magnums operators manual had a warning diesel exhaust could cause cancer. Now Disney land has a warning at the entrance that it can cause cancer! Grapefruit, diesel, Disney and roundup are all in the same category!

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I might know where one is at if your serious I can ask more questions. 

No thanks.

I have enough mowers.

If I remember right, I looked the Alice-Chalmers over and I believe it was made by GE for Alice.

• Like 1

Trimming bushes at the back of the property, need to run some gas through the generator once a year. Bought the generator during the 1990 ice storm , ran straight for a couple of weeks. 

60E9AB57-59D1-4503-A775-E4725A12E7E5.jpeg

• Like 1