Cargo trailers

KyIH

I have been looking for a 16 foot cargo trailer for about a month with no luck. Every dealer I talk to has the same story. No inventory, should be getting some, don’t know when and can’t give any pricing due to mfg price increases. Are they just not making them? Can anyone give me some insight into this or sell me a cargo trailer?

That's the story on everything. Boats, atvs, side by sides, computer chips, ammunition, etc. Not trying to get political but its all related to the covid situation rippling through every aspect of the economy

• Like 1

Was gonna buy new mower this fall. After pricing current inventory as well as pricing for fall delivery, I bought now. Prices on everything going up and availability hasn’t begun to catch up. 

We worked at corn pro trailers earlier this year (March or February I can’t remember).

they told me a typical year they have about 100-150 orders standing at any given time. This year (at that time) there was over 1500.

i really think the economy was kicking butt that much in 2019, into 2020. People were working, and positioned to make more in 2021. Now the cheap interest rates are the only hope they have to keep the economy rolling. But that self inflated bubble will pop sooner than later. It has to.

have some general things advertised for sale. NO ONE has $ ....? only dealers call and want it for 1/4 wholesale.

last night on a $2800 item ,I have ads for $800 bro

email and starts you are never getting $500, stealer will deliver 1 tomorrow for $1100

I said order it,but if you show me the actual invoice on "today" deliverable item,would consider a proper offer

he gets super huffy "how dare I go off narrative and request the truth "  rant goes on for 1/2 hour

There is going to be a lot of stuff for sale before long. My brother was looking for one for moving stuff from his cabin back to the house as they are selling the cabin. He is going to install the filler panels in his cattle trailer for hauling as the used ones beat up needing tires were above new price

1 hour ago, KyIH said:

I have been looking for a 16 foot cargo trailer for about a month with no luck. Every dealer I talk to has the same story. No inventory, should be getting some, don’t know when and can’t give any pricing due to mfg price increases. Are they just not making them? Can anyone give me some insight into this or sell me a cargo trailer?

I assume you are in Kentucky, I am in western NC, there is a trailer dealer an hour and a half away that had 7x16 in stock according to their website. I can get the website if you are serious about finding one

Low lifes are stealing them around here. Two off the same street in two days. One was hooked to a Suburban so they hot wired it and took it plus the trailer. Several have been stolen in the last couple weeks. Most in a five mile radius

Try a rental place. The one closest to me has everything, and everything that has been used a few times has a ‘For Sale’ price with the management. 

My friend jut bought a Kauffman enclosed, his happy with it and didn’t have an issue getting it. This Resin shortage has a lot of component pieces holding up the works. 

I have run into the same issue with dump trailers. I started shopping around last summer to upgrade my 2007 5x8 5000# dump trailer to a newer 6x10 (or 12) 10000# one.. Many dealers have no stock, if they get any in, they are gone right away. Prices have increased significantly also in the past year. I'll just keep using what I have until the market settles down.

I do agree with others, there is going to be a lot of things for sale in the future, everyone that bought toys and other big ticket items in the past year will realize that they can't afford them or that they don't need or use the item.

Same thing here. My boss was trying to buy a compact tractor from different dealers locally and nothing but crickets in the lot. 

Trailers back ordered. I've been waiting on parts for months that are back ordered.  I keep telling people to hold out another year. Soon you'll be able to buy all the stuff the impulse buyers had to have cheap. It's more than the economy doing good. Dont forget everyone has an extra paycheck coming in from uncle Joe. Not trying to get political but it's the truth. My money's still sitting because I flat out didn't need it. Instead of buying somenting I don't need I'll just set on it a while. 

• Like 2

kill for the asking but......maybe....? some one can explain it??

BS the politics this is just the facts!!!!!!!!>>>>>>

narrative 10x per day ,the economy is doing great since feb 1 and only getting better.

trailer dealer here has 100+  in stock for $$$$$, .......brown field slums to $500k >sales in 3 yrs...$300K new shop.etc

40 mil GOOD jobs lost

40 mil illegals taking jobs,getting $16K + per quarter ,and FREE EVERYthing for life

govt paying more to not work

no one is making or importing products to sell,yet BTOS have record profit

RE is 100% inflated and 40% over ask in hours with AS IS  ie  2 years ago new would have been $90 K now that is a $220K fixer upper ( 1 right on the street here)

citizens dont have to pay the piper........someone will

faux gold is every 3rd commercial,but ALL the outsiders say it will end with $1 = .15

our income went down 30%....and no one has $ to spend,either on farm products or excess items>

have cattle trailer with good frame axles (rims tires($400+)  cant get $500

our costs have gone up 40%> to 120% on some with NA OR NLA for alot