Here kitty kitty

sandhiller

4 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

44 mag please. I f he makes it to Missouri he will be a figment of our imagination. They don't live in Missouri?

or the yoop

Mike

• Like 1

Just now, Mike H said:

or the yoop

Mike

According to Iowa Fish and Game, that is a dog. Don't you know what a dog looks like?

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

44 mag please. I f he makes it to Missouri he will be a figment of our imagination. They don't live in Missouri?

4 hours ago, ky966boy said:

Or ky

3 hours ago, Mike H said:

or the yoop

Mike

Or Illinois. 

Someone asked me what I would do if I saw one several years ago. I told them I would do the same as if I saw an elephant. They said what’s that?  I said shoot it. Technically anything that “doesn’t exist here” is fair game to shoot. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dads706 said:

According to Iowa Fish and Game, that is a dog. Don't you know what a dog looks like?

Here here sweet Doggie Kitty.

"If he makes it to Missouri he will be a figment of our imagination. They don't live in Missouri?"

Here in Arkansas game and fish says all of ours actually live in Missouri?!?!

A hunter killed one in South Arkansas. Crossed the Arkansas Rive and came from Missouri?!?!

Something don't add up here. It must be the racist math.

Thx-Ace 

• Haha 4

I vote .44 if you proficient with it.

I have killed many lions with a 22mag. The gun of choice for hound hunters in my area.

16 minutes ago, cobfly said:

I have killed many lions with a 22mag. The gun of choice for hound hunters in my area.

Out of a tree I guess?  Don’t know anything about lion hunting other than a little watching on TV.  I love a .22mag anyway. That is what I always used on raccoons back when they were worth skinning. 

Just now, Sledgehammer said:

Out of a tree I guess?  Don’t know anything about lion hunting other than a little watching on TV.  I love a .22mag anyway. That is what I always used on raccoons back when they were worth skinning. 

Tree.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Think I'll grab something a little heavier than my usual .22LR rattlesnake and porkypine pistol when fencing Happy Jack canyons on foot this year.

Instead of pew pew............ maybe BOOM BOOM.?

What do you guys think.

.45 auto.?

.44mag?

.45 long colt?

IMG_20210427_182934.thumb.jpg.da421d31acf41fbf1c3a5b9cf0f155d2.jpg

?

I carried a 357 when I was horseback, 4-wheeler, or on foot probably the last 4 years we were up there. We had several different kitties on camera. 

11 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

Seen one at our place in broad daylight as I pulled in.  Chased him in the pickup till he went off into the brush.

Went looking for mushrooms and walked up on a pile of poo I didn't recognize so I took a pic and googled puma poo and it was exactly the same

As I left one night I heard a squall between two critters I had never heard before and all of a sudden went silent.

I don't know if they live here naturally or have been dumped by somebody

If it's a loner it won't last long as no way to reproduce 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Think I'll grab something a little heavier than my usual .22LR rattlesnake and porkypine pistol when fencing Happy Jack canyons on foot this year.

Instead of pew pew............ maybe BOOM BOOM.?

What do you guys think.

.45 auto.?

.44mag?

.45 long colt?

IMG_20210427_182934.thumb.jpg.da421d31acf41fbf1c3a5b9cf0f155d2.jpg

?

I think all four would get the job done or course no such thing as too much gun on something you are not going to eat but I in my younger days I had the opportunity to get shot  by a 22 let me tell you it took the fight right out of me .

? Jeff don't worry they know your to tough. ? Dang lazy  cats I keep rooting for them to eat bicyclists, ?  only 2 or 3 in 30 years.

We are so blessed we had a stray collared wolf out of Oregon here in the county(about 400 miles south of Oregon).  Came down the Sierra's turned west by Tony's place,( Fresno County)  crossed over I 5 freeway into the Santa Lucas. Came across a dead deer way more out in the open than a cat kill generally around here. Till now I had forgotten the wolf. As no updates on him in about 3 weeks  or so. 

Yes I believe in sharing the bounty, live trap cats, wolfs, and coyotes  turn them loose in the big cities. They are the ones saying they don't see any so they have to be endangered. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mudfly said:

I’d carry a 12 gauge also for close in support.  Cats are way to quick to rely on a single projectile (bullet). Shotgun will cause more damage in close anyway.

With buckshot 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

A little justice.  Great.

42 minutes ago, bitty said:

With buckshot 

I never tried to fix fence while carrying a shotgun, but I'll bet one of those hog legs would be a lot more convenient.

I have read about African guides who carry a 12 gauge pump for close backup.  With buckshot I imagine.

• Like 1