My cousin caught covid after being vaccinated

6 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

I believe that is the J & J shot you are referring to and not the other 2 shot vaccines.  Has anybody died from those yet.  Honest question because I don’t know.

Yes, with that said, I don't believe the initial reactions are the issue, I personally think long term is where the problems will pop up in the younger population, but that is just my hunch, not based on any facts.  Time will tell.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since the long term testing is just being done now, I've decided to remain in the control group. When the long term testing is finished, and I've had a chance to make an informed decision, I'll d

Well excuse me then. I knew having an objective opinion would cause the natives to get restless. Never said anything against vaccines in general @lorenzo  Never said anything about autism or other sid

My cousin 'Chula' in El Paso TX just came down with covid, tested positive and has been properly vaccinated. She is in her 70s. Full disclosure. Vaccines are not 100% effective.  Her hu

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Yes, with that said, I don't believe the initial reactions are the issue, I personally think long term is where the problems will pop up in the younger population, but that is just my hunch, not based on any facts.  Time will tell.  

I think you might be spot on with the thought about the younger population having problems down the road . 

As in dying from not getting Vaccinated. 

• Like 1

I am going to get the vaccine in a week or two. The main thing is you don’t have to quarantine if close contact. I guess I am old enough not to worry about side effects. They say if you have a bad reaction especially swollen lymph nodes. It is sign you had the virus. A study was conducted I just read about where they vaccinated health workers who had the disease and watched their symptoms. Biggest problem I have is no vacation or sick time built up and I need to use some this summer and fall. So if I don’t have to quarantine at work they have to pay me

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

I agree. Hel-, if this had gone through the proper testing procedures and time frames, the whole blood clot thing would have been known. However small that might be. 

Then you have states like mine. The People's Republic of Michigan where they are trying to ram vaccines down our throats. Rather we want them or not. There are already areas in our state where there are more shots than there are people to take them. That 70% looks like a very tough sell.

EVM2QS4MORCIBCCMSCGJU6AUTQ.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

I think you might be spot on with the thought about the younger population having problems down the road . 

We all will die someday. There is no more proof of long term side effects from the vaccines than there is proof they will work long term.  You wanted it and got it. That’s great for you. There are those that don’t want it either. Why can’t “choice” be left alone?  People (myself included) simply want to be left with a choice vs being forced to take it for any reason. Maybe I should go play on the highway. I stand about as much chance of getting black topped by a bus as I do dying from Covid.... I don’t want to see anyone get or pass away from Covid but as long as there is a host, there will be a virus.  A vaccine does not remove the host either.  This ought to be a good reminder to leave people alone and make sure your life and soul are in order.  

“Life ain’t easy and the world is mean” 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I plan to get the vaccine but haven't yet. I've been busy and honestly I'm low risk.

I would be a hypocrite to vaccinated my calves and not me!

A who friend works at a hospital got full blown covid in November, tested positive with full symptoms. In March he was required to be vaccinated due to his job?!?! He had moderate symptoms after he was vaccinated.

Thx-Ace 

4 minutes ago, acem said:

I plan to get the vaccine but haven't yet. I've been busy and honestly I'm low risk.

I would be a hypocrite to vaccinated my calves and not me!

A who friend works at a hospital got full blown covid in November, tested positive with full symptoms. In March he was required to be vaccinated due to his job?!?! He had moderate symptoms after he was vaccinated.

Thx-Ace 

It still doesnt make sense to me why people that already had it are forced or encouraged to get a vaccine.  Never in my life have I got the same sickness twice in a season.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

We all will die someday. There is no more proof of long term side effects from the vaccines than there is proof they will work long term.  You wanted it and got it. That’s great for you. There are those that don’t want it either. Why can’t “choice” be left alone?  People (myself included) simply want to be left with a choice vs being forced to take it for any reason. Maybe I should go play on the highway. I stand about as much chance of getting black topped by a bus as I do dying from Covid.... I don’t want to see anyone get or pass away from Covid but as long as there is a host, there will be a virus.  A vaccine does not remove the host either.  This ought to be a good reminder to leave people alone and make sure your life and soul are in order.  

Good thing our parents didn’t have that attitude when we got the vaccination for Polio, small pox, Tetanus, hep-a , hep-b , Rubella, Measles, Whooping cough, Mumps,  Diphtheria, and now there is one for chicken pox, and HPV ( just some of the 14 or so bugs we have control over now . ) 

AND I don’t believe I ever thumped the thought of weather on not any one should get or not get the shots. PERIOD!!!!

—————————————————GO BACK AND READ IT AGAIN !!!!!!  

THREE OR FOUR MORE TIMES!!!!!!!!
——————————————————

Personally I think we either ALL need to get it or we ALL need to pass on it because unless there is enough people vaccinated to reach herd immunity it’s a moot point  anyway . 

So once again LET IT BE KNOWN

I COULD CARE LESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, dale560 said:

They are already saying this vaccine may need a booster in 6 month again. My hole reason is I can keep working don’t need to quarantine if vaccinated.

And if it requires another one in 6 months I will be first in line . 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, acem said:

That seems to be a normal reaction. Some folks get that with their second shots as well as do those who had a case but no symptoms. Apparently it's the immune system kicking into high gear and seen to be a good thing. Older folks like myself rarely get that reaction as severe.

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

The fact that this vaccine has no proven effective time frame is exactly why I think it makes sense that we need to use it as fast as  possible.   This is a chance at control.  If a large group of people choose to not be vaccinated then they are acting as a refuge for the virus for it to run rampant again when and if the vaccines wear off in 8 or 12 months of whatever, or a problem with boosters in the supply chain happens.   It will have been a waste.   

I agree you should have a choice, but, at the same time, I also see how my choice effects my family/neighbors/friends ect ect.

Big reason I got vaccinated was not because I thought I was a high risk,  but, I just didnt want to be a harbor of some sickness that I passed along to someone else along the way,  That was a big fear I had before getting the shots.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Time will tell, my money is definitely not on your theory...................Hopefully MTO can archive this and they can look back in the future.  At this point I would believe more info coming out of my herd bull, then what the "Experts" are giving us.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

There is no more proof of long term side effects from the vaccines than there is proof they will work long term.

There was no proof that Polio vaccines would work long term either but it turns out that most vaccines give quite lasting immunity. The present Polio vaccine is almost 100% effective and so far gives lifetime immunity. The original Salk and Sabin had much lower efficacy but did the job.

Fortunately for me and others my age there were no fake news sites or phony research claiming that vaccines cause autism. We were all so terrorized by Polio and the other childhood diseases that our parents lined us up and we were duly protected. All of us knew kids who wore braces or had spent time in an iron lung, the predecessor of a modern ventilator.

I just read Scott Crossfield's autobiography while commuting. Scott was the first man to fly mach 2 and the first pilot of the X15, the mach 6.7 hyper-sonic craft. Anyway, his little sister died from Polio.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

The fact that this vaccine has no proven effective time frame is exactly why I think it makes sense that we need to use it as fast as  possible.   This is a chance at control.  If a large group of people choose to not be vaccinated then they are acting as a refuge for the virus for it to run rampant again when and if the vaccines wear off in 8 or 12 months of whatever, or a problem with boosters in the supply chain happens.   It will have been a waste.   

I agree you should have a choice, but, at the same time, I also see how my choice effects my family/neighbors/friends ect ect.

Big reason I got vaccinated was not because I thought I was a high risk,  but, I just didnt want to be a harbor of some sickness that I passed along to someone else along the way,  That was a big fear I had before getting the shots.

Thank you. Well written and expressed.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Time will tell, my money is definitely not on your theory...................Hopefully MTO can archive this and they can look back in the future.  At this point I would believe more info coming out of my herd bull, then what the "Experts" are giving us.

I can understand why you might be skeptical of Dr. Fauci's input as it seemed to change but there are any number of authoritative folks who give a straight answer. Here's just one but if you'd like I will supply more. None will come from a fake news site as for the most part they're the one spreading conflicting information or should I say misinformation.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, New Englander said:

I can understand why you might be skeptical of Dr. Fauci's input as it seemed to change but there are any number of authoritative folks who give a straight answer. Here's just one but if you'd like I will supply more. None will come from a fake news site as for the most part they're the one spreading conflicting information or should I say misinformation.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

Anytime I see "According to CDC" that rates pretty high on my fake news list....................That crew doesn't know if they are coming or going and has completely botched this from the start, again, I could get as good of info from my herd bull that would be about as correct as they have been.  

• Like 5

Well excuse me then. I knew having an objective opinion would cause the natives to get restless. Never said anything against vaccines in general @lorenzo  Never said anything about autism or other side effects @New Englander  Never said anything about not caring for neighbors/family @cjf711  So, how about you gentlemen go beat a drum elsewhere and quit implying that I don’t, won’t, or can’t care. You have no more right to push opinions than anyone else and this just proves the whole theory all together that when it isn’t your way you can’t handle it. You are more than welcome to do whatever you want and for the record I have NEVER told anyone not to get this jab juice. BUT....Don’t feel like you have the right to tell me I am endangering others if I don’t because that is just bogus rhetoric.  

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again.  I believe in vaccines and their efficacy just do not trust the so called science behind this vaccine.  I don’t believe that vaccines as a general rule cause any birth defects.  I do care greatly for my friends and family. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to put my last .02cents in on this vaccine issue as I'm tiring of it, but just want to give a few quick thoughts to explain why some think the way they do.  

#1) The goalposts have moved countless times.  We went from 2 weeks to flatten the curve, to a month, to 6 months, to over a year.  People like me listened for about a month then had a "hey, wait a minute here".  Were quickly finding out that what we giveth away shall not be giveth back so easily.  That eroded trust.

#2) Literally nothing has changed since vaccine rollout, no easing restrictions of any kind on people who were vaccinated........not really a sign of trust in the vaccine is it?  IF previously said trust not been broken, people would be waiting in line to get the vaccine and quickly go back to normal.  Unfortunately this shows no signs of changing vaccination or not 

#3) this business of treating everyone that they're diseased and this asymptomatic super spread is out of hand.  I and others in my family been around numerous people who were presymptomatic by a day or 2 and no issues.  My own doctor even says its blown out of proportion.  If you have symptoms your contagious as all get out.  If before that yeah, in the perfect circumstance you could spread it but just being in a room with someone normally is overblown.  All this social engineering has messed people up in the head and will take years to undo.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got one home from school who was supposed to be "Exposed" for this whole week.................I won't go into details until its over, but I find it interesting the one kid who caused 90% of my sons class to quarantine is quite well and feeling better than I do.  Again I won't go into details until its over, for fear of the ghestopo watching me, but I thank our school district:lol::lol::lol:

26 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

. BUT....Don’t feel like you have the right to tell me I am endangering others if I don’t because than is just bogus rhetoric.  

100% agree that I have 0 authority to tell you anything

100% disagree that what im saying is bogus rhetoric

18 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

100% agree that I have 0 authority to tell you anything

100% disagree that what im saying is bogus rhetoric

And you are perfectly within your rights to disagree. 

It`s called divide and conquer ....

look what it has done on this website of friends.

Backoff boys.

Do what you chose to do but don`t ram it down everyone else`s throats. 

If I contract it and croak, I have had a good run not due to anything/anyone other than God.

Step back boys, step back. 

• Like 6