1066 Hydraulic Valve/Spool Help

nosxx002

Looking for any advice on fixing a leak on the hydraulic valves/spools underneath the seat on my 1066. This is in the center areas between the front and back 90's for the hydraulic lines. From the picture, the left (inside) has a slow leak, and the right (outer) has a much worse one. The left side has a traditional snap ring to take off, but the right side is either a much older snap ring style (with no "eyes" on it for a snap ring plier to go into, just a curved piece of steel), or someone years before my time broke off the "eyes" on the snap ring. Tried looking at a parts diagram and it looks like there's a couple o-rings in there to replace that could be causing my leaks, but I honestly don't know how to get the snap ring off that doesn't have any "eyes" on it. Was this an actual older style snap ring design and there is a trick I don't know, or am I "up a creek" and it's actually broken? Afraid to gouge anything with a punch/chisel to try get it out, but tried for about an hour with various picks and got no where. 1491428849_1066Valve.thumb.jpg.1aa9510bc9ce43dd5cb13fc0b1fbf40b.jpg

that is a circlip. but before u can do anything with the check poppet the top bolt that holds the valve stack on has to come out. it goes thru poppet body. then tap down lightly on top of body. sometimes oring picks will get behind circlip with a lot of choice words added about the engineer that thought that thing was a good idea to use. ive had some that ive had to drill a small whole in valve to be able to push circlip in to get out. use snap ring when put back together. theres two orings and a backup ring that will need replaced

Wait, you guys are saying they make a regular style snap ring to go in there?! Crap  I wish I knew that a few  years ago when I spent way too much time trying to get those circlips out to replace the orings.  (And then I put them back in). 

nosxx, I used a  new and sharp pic.  Held one end of the clip from turning tight with a screwdriver (braced against my chest) and forced the sharp pick under the other end. 

7F72E19B-4EF0-449E-BB7F-A1BC4706130E.jpeg