9 of us kids with 2 south paws

Oldest sister and my older brother Bill.

Always thought how difficult it appeared for them to write with their hand all curled around.

But they both had perfect legible writing.  Very small writing but perfect.

I can't read my own....sigh.

Any South Paws out there?

• Like 1

only when I throw an empty Pabst in the air to shoot at.

• Haha 4

My oldest.

Taught him to shoot and rope right handed cuz i was to broke to buy left handed ropes and guns.

He is now ambidextrous so it worked out.🤠

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nope, but my grandson is budding, and I told my gurl leave it, I remember when I wuz growing up the idea was to change the usage, that went on for quite a while, I remember thinking why do that when Spahn was one of the greatest pitchers ever and he grew up being left alone, I always remember “Spahn and Sain pray for rain “

One of my sisters is left handed, even now after growing up in a time when the nuns whacked her hand for using it. My father did everything right handed except at bat

Lefty here. Never understood the whole "curl the hand around" thing when writing. I have NEVER done that, never had the urge to.

Got to fight over the one pair of junk scissors with the green rubber handles with the other two leftys in my class in school. Didn't know there was such a thing as scissors that worked until I was 21.

• Like 1

I am a sort of south paw...all mixed up.  Write and eat with my left.  But I throw, bat, and swing a golf club right-handed.  Shooting left feels more comfortable, but am right-eye dominant.  I'm just a mess.

• Haha 2

Like EJ above, all mixed up! I write lefty and not curled around either, I use power tools right handed and I cannot use anything that is designed for a left handed person like lefty scissors.

I cannot use a left handed hammer..... but I can hammer nails with whichever hand is easier. I throw left and can (could) bat both.... Once in a blue moon I get my right and left mixed up looking a directions. 

Remember this; righthanded people use the left side of their brain and lefthanded people use the right side. So....therefore only lefty's are in their right mind!😁

• Like 1

I write left handed and used to shoot left handed but taught myself to shoot right handed as I was right eye dominant.  Can shoot either handed now. Most other things I do right handed.

Righthanded, but bat left or right & prefer batting left just because...

Oldest brother out of 4 of us is left handed. My mother-in-law is a lefty. And our oldest grand-daughter is a lefty. 2 grand-daughters, one left and one right but both are quite artistic. They both can think of something and draw/paint it free handed. Right handed grandson can't even draw water. Takes after his dad I guess. All 3 lefties in my family are confused most of the time so I blame it on being left handed. But I know many others that are left handed that are sharp.

3 hours ago, Dave Downs said:

I’m right-handed in everything except for eating, don’t know why but if I try to eat with my right hand I end up putting food in my right ear.....😀

Maybe you should see a doctor about that eating disorder.

Started off a lefty & my parents were fine with it. My one aunt, who watched me quite a bit as a youngster, would not let me do anything left handed. I was going to **** if I did. Never did assimilate fully. Guess she should be thanked for my ambidexterity? Should I worry that I'm going to get split in half after my demise? The world may never know.

Mike

2 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

I use both hands at the same time...............

Show off.... My wife watched the show The Ranch. Sam Elliott is the dad on the show, he says that left handed people just haven't learned how to use their right hand yet. 

11 hours ago, sandhiller said:

My oldest.

Taught him to shoot and rope right handed cuz i was to broke to buy left handed ropes and guns.

He is now ambidextrous so it worked out.🤠

My dad never could stand a lefthanded roper in the branding pen. He very successfully switch one lefty as a kid. Of course we use the lazy Vaquero 😉  way of heading and healing calves. Ant nobody got 600 to do in one day, so we want to make the fun last.🤣

Dad was always on his grandkids as babies learning to use fork and spoon, put in the right hand. 

• Like 1