Farmall 350U Front Weights

Anyone have an idea where I can find some front weights for a 350U? Looking to add some weight and haven’t had any luck finding some. Closer to SW Iowa the better. Thanks

I assume you're looking for the factory front bolster weights. Like most all front bolster weights they're extremely rare, just about impossible to find, expensive as all get-out (talking $800+ last I saw a set for sale, and they sold quickly) if you do find them.

Might I suggest looking into an alternative if you need weight now, and put the search for factory weights on the back burner. Find some oddball suitcase weights cheap on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. Have a bracket fabricated up to bolt to the front of the tractor. You can always remove it if you find originals.

These fellas are what you're looking for?

image.png.672a351acdb81ae5e3ec2f00c1ec5a98.png

11 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

I assume you're looking for the factory front bolster weights. Like most all front bolster weights they're extremely rare, just about impossible to find, expensive as all get-out (talking $800+ last I saw a set for sale, and they sold quickly) if you do find them.

Might I suggest looking into an alternative if you need weight now, and put the search for factory weights on the back burner. Find some oddball suitcase weights cheap on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. Have a bracket fabricated up to bolt to the front of the tractor. You can always remove it if you find originals.

These fellas are what you're looking for?

image.png.672a351acdb81ae5e3ec2f00c1ec5a98.png

Those look right. Any idea what they weigh?

There would probably be some front wheel weights that would fit your application I would think. They would be less weight but also much cheaper than the frame weights. I’ve been looking for a set myself for a Farmall 350 quietly for some time but refuse to pay the big $$ for some. 

2 hours ago, mmi said:

these are more Farmall

any guess as to fits??

since auction says drive 2 hours and look for the number we cant provide pictures

img.axd?id=7011927407&wid=&p=&ext=&w=0&h=0&t=&lp=&c=True&wt=False&sz=Max&rt=0&checksum=%2fwWbJUfdc8earqIj6falzFG3yvxqmqiy&1619563897382

They would look to fit the Super C type pattern as stated but I didn't know they came around the front and match the front slab weights. That's pretty cool. I would guess they were from the 340 Era because of the slab weights on the 60 series. Just a guess. 

We have one oddball frame weight in the shed that I would bet is for a utility but I don't remember.  I have a set on my Farmall 400 and it is not the same. But it's only one. It's at the bottom of a skid that I haven't had to unpack yet but I remember there was an IH part number on it. I'll have to check it sometime.  

the 2 upper weights will fit a 240/340. and maybe the Super C/200/230? the lower weight should bolt across the 2 side weights pictured.

my 240 with weights attached. I don't have any of the slab weights to show.

100_3104.thumb.JPG.25a61aba83a9298323489f778859e79e.JPG

100_3105.thumb.JPG.5c73d64b68e220c7057470b250e18cb7.JPG

Think I paid $60 for the pair. Must be nobody else at the auction knew what they fit.

• Like 1

Here are the frame weights on my 460U

460 11815.jpg

12 hours ago, ny bill o said:

the 2 upper weights will fit a 240/340. and maybe the Super C/200/230? the lower weight should bolt across the 2 side weights pictured.

my 240 with weights attached. I don't have any of the slab weights to show.

100_3104.thumb.JPG.25a61aba83a9298323489f778859e79e.JPG

100_3105.thumb.JPG.5c73d64b68e220c7057470b250e18cb7.JPG

Think I paid $60 for the pair. Must be nobody else at the auction knew what they fit.

My rule of thumb; Iron going cheap at auction, I bid! Don't care the color or if I even know what it fits. There is always a use for it or somebody that will want it.

• Like 3