Recently picked up grandads 1975 666 gas ser# 14212 and planning to make it functional to use around small farm to bush hog and generally maintain the property. Grandad had it overhauled in the early 2000’s but it has sat for about 10years. Currently engine is stuck but hoping some trans fluid in cylinders will help break loose. Last time it was used the linkage did their thing and stuck in two gears. My issues are someone removed operators platform, fender supports and battery box / cover accessing the linkage and they are no longer with the tractor.  Looking for a reliable source for these sheet metal parts. Also would like to rebuild the shifter/ linkage including pins etc. to try make it where the usual problems will be less of a problem. We are located in western Ky.  For what it is and no cost to me it’s worth me spending the time and money to give it some new life. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Singletree said:

Recently picked up grandads 1975 666 gas ser# 14212 and planning to make it functional to use around small farm to bush hog and generally maintain the property. Grandad had it overhauled in the early 2000’s but it has sat for about 10years. Currently engine is stuck but hoping some trans fluid in cylinders will help break loose. Last time it was used the linkage did their thing and stuck in two gears. My issues are someone removed operators platform, fender supports and battery box / cover accessing the linkage and they are no longer with the tractor.  Looking for a reliable source for these sheet metal parts. Also would like to rebuild the shifter/ linkage including pins etc. to try make it where the usual problems will be less of a problem. We are located in western Ky.  For what it is and no cost to me it’s worth me spending the time and money to give it some new life. 

6A579660-B364-4643-9F6B-562FA780433F.jpeg

A9B5A737-5B7E-4295-9A78-6E7F4E94E170.jpeg

Yikes...does not look that tractor has ever seen a covered shed.

I would say ASAP (All state Ag part) in the used section for your missing pieces.  Those linkages are nice when working but alot of moving parts.

Welcome to the forum. You opened with pics, so that’s cool. Having your Grandfather’s tractor is cool too.  May I suggest  buying a gallon of your favorite penetrating oil (I like Kroil), get a few old spray bottles and just start fogging every inch of that tractor. 

• Like 1

Little rough but hopefully can work the mechanical out. The shifter rod from operators end not wanting to slide from R/1 position and when it did go to 2/3 position doesn’t want to rotate to engage 2/3. Now not wanting to come back to R/1. Will work thru it but man at the wad of stuff to get thru to access all that. Need to hire a contortionist to get to it.  

Found a set of used rear wheels and tires. Tires will at least hold air. Not to worried about tire condition currently just be glad to roll it while doing repairs. $500 for the pair. 2hr drive from me. From what I’ve saw new wheel alone over $300 then would still have to do something for at least one tire. Would rather get it up and running then worry about tires. No sense in having them sit during the process 

3F56D9B3-E603-4454-AFDC-6E479E880FC0.jpeg

1EA2E2F5-8583-45E7-BC02-FF1A48A065B5.jpeg

• Like 1

May be able to buy a parts tractor out of the salvage row at DeWitts on sale day. Not sure how far you are from sikeston, but the sale is 1st Monday of the month. Every month.

Sounds & looks like you have a nice little project. A lot of knowledge here on the forum.  Most guys here would choke somebody to have their Grandpa's tractor, including me. You're very lucky. Post some more pictures. You can never post too many on this forum.

• Like 2

Very true. Proud to have it. When I get it going I’ll be able to work ground from one grandfathers family with my other grandfathers tractor. I was very blessed with two hard working grandfathers who both had amazing integrity. Hope to have a chance to get a few more of their tractors eventually. We had a super c (still around with block busted) and A with belly mower ( long gone ) 574 gas, 444 gas, dads 1066 and great grandads 8N. One project at a time. Pray for the chance on these others. 

• Like 1