Silo staves

chopper5

I have a question for you all.  My dad farms in northeast Wisconsin.  10 years ago or so he purchased two silos worth of concrete staves when the neighbors silos were taken down.  We always had intentions of putting at least one up and it never happened.  He's getting closer to retirement age and could use the space for stacking round bales.  Is there a market for them at all?  I know the local propane businesses buy them occasionally for setting propane tanks on rural properties.  Just looking to help my dad move them and hopefully get a few dollars for them.  Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you

Are they solid or hollow staves? The solid ones would work ok as landscape pavers or bricks for building a retaining wall. The Madison silo staves are hollow and would also work for a retaining wall but not much else. When we knocked all the stave silos down at the farm most of the staves crumbled in the fall.  We separated the hoops and used the broken staves to make a base for a road across a low area.

Have the Amish and "hats" as TP calls them moved into your area?  I garurentee you could sell them here.  Maybe not for a ton but you could move them.

I believe they are solid ones. I will have to double check.  Thought about trying to market pallet fulls to people for walk ways or edging.  Appreciate all of the ideas!  Otherwise i can use some to line the bottoms of some field ditch crossings as well.