Red Power Forum members disappearing.

4 minutes ago, MTO said:

and Metamora Farmall.

Last time I talked to him he was busy trying to get things together to move.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have always said ,Red Power forum members are a Class Act !     I'll admit I have been on Coffee shop little less for some time , For me it goes back to when I joined in 2007 , Getting acquaint

Thank goodness my name didn’t come up 😳 Just so all of you know I was going to throw the towel in a few weeks back over one guy that was causing a lot of grief on here . But here’s the deal I enjoy he

Recently I was speaking with another Red Power Forum member (No, I assure you that it was not myself, even if I do talk to myself sometimes!!).  This member lamented that there is an ever increasing n

Posted Images

Just have to learn to shake your head at some of the comments sometimes and move on. An hour later the topic could very well be buried on the next page to never be seen to much again.

Mdiesel is one I miss.  He was good with the old gas start engines.  KoO, although he occasionally pops up on the construction side.

Dang, I just looked and I joined in 2005!  Has it been that long???

• Like 1

As several Red Power Forum members,(MTO, Cdfarabaugh, TP from Central PA, yellowrosefarm, among others), have pointed out, one cannot deny that there are some very serious events happening in our country now that will affect us all, that need to be discussed, not just bury our heads in the sand and pretend they don't exist. I've never been a participant in any social media sites other than this forum, but I understand that at least for the big ones, (google, facebook, youtube, twitter, etc.), that it's commonplace for them to censor, delete, shadow ban, and outright ban anyone who disagrees with their political narratives. As there appears to be few if any other places for ordinary folks like us forum members to express our thoughts without being silenced, I think there should be a political board here just like General  IH, Coffee Shop, Projects Builds & Restorations, Cub Cadets, & all the rest,  where we could post just political stuff. This would of course be subject to  the usual forum guidelines of no threats,no personal attacks, no obscenity, and all the rest, with the disclaimer that you enter this board at your own risk ,,,,, if political discussion offends you, just simply do not enter! Just state your viewpoint to make your case, and accept that there will be others with opposing thoughts who have just as much right to contribute as you do.

Then, leave the coffee shop much as it is now for casual niceties like posts about our lives, friendships, jobs, farms and farming, tractors,travels, photo sharing, pets, general reminiscing, etc.. Then punish, (suspend or ban), anyone that posts any political content in the coffee shop. Members who don't think political stuff is important won't have to see it mixed in with the coffee shop content as it kind of is now.

Yes, this is a tractor forum, but with the other boards available on here, most anything tractor related has plenty of room for those types of posts without important subjects being suppressed.

I rest my case and stand steadfast to accept the arrows of criticism.

• Like 6

Not just your country, the world and I do agree we cannot ignore, now whether or not we have any influence over the outcome I’m not sure, have a feeling we are getting close to the end as the good book says 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Frank H said:

I like the idea of a politics only thread. I would agree to only post that stuff in there. Have a enter at your own risk policy. 

Sounds like NAT's TPP forum!

The Allis Chalmers Forum has had a politics section for a long time.

Just recently the name calling in the politics threads leaked out into the tractor postings as there is always that one or two who won't leave things alone.

It is now a hidden feature where you have to ask and be given permission to participate.

No other tractor site has the type of belly aching and complain and moan about the TOU as this site has.  None. 

On an on and over and over

Sounds like a bunch of old women

Get the popcorn on.   New topic.   Deere is best tractor ever made.  All CIH tractors are a POS.

• Haha 1

Back in the early days, this was a place where a lot of us from the early days came to simply hang out.  For a lot of us, Red Power was our social media outlet.  Things have changed, a lot of us from the early days found other social media outlets, like Facebook.  And I do remember back when we were all given a little longer reins than now, granted, we pushed the envelope several times.  As time went by, those reins were pulled a little tighter, combine that with the evolution of Facebook and growing up/older, some of us have moved on.  I remember frequenting the Coffee Shop fairly often, now, I primarily stay on the IH side and chime in as I see fit.

• Like 3

To date myself and a few others here, who remembers when Rick was looking for financial aid to keep the Forums here afloat?

9 minutes ago, Nebraska1206 said:

To date myself and a few others here, who remembers when Rick was looking for financial aid to keep the Forums here afloat?

IIRC we donated and it only took a few hours

14 minutes ago, Nebraska1206 said:

See previous posts..............He needed aid to keep himself afloat which would keep the forum floating;)

34 minutes ago, 806 man said:

Get the popcorn on.   New topic.   Deere is best tractor ever made.  All CIH tractors are a POS.

If you put the C in front of the IH I have to agree with that statement...............:lol:

• Haha 2

Maybe we could call it the oil forum.

so then you know by clicking on it you are bound to get aggravated at some point!

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, zleinenbach said:

Maybe we could call it the oil forum.

so then you know by clicking on it you are bound to get aggravated at some point!

Still waiting for my stuff to blow with Torq-gard and Hy-Gard in it...................Then come to find out Hy-Tran the original that is the holy water of tractor rear ends, is axed for brand x shell that says Hy-Tran on it???????   Yes, the world is definitely off its pivot!

36 minutes ago, mmi said:

IIRC we donated and it only took a few hours

If memory servers right, and it may not sometimes, shortly after the request, Sallie took the reins for a bit as Rick disappeared, and the hunt was on for a new admin.  Think that's when we got the guy with the pet cat.

25 minutes ago, Nebraska1206 said:

If memory servers right, and it may not sometimes, shortly after the request, Sallie took the reins for a bit as Rick disappeared, and the hunt was on for a new admin.  Think that's when we got the guy with the pet cat.

He was a truck driver on hard times looking for money. 

37 minutes ago, Nebraska1206 said:

Who was the guy with the pet cat ? I might have remembered that when I started here unless I remember discussion about it. I just looked at my profile and I joined May of 2014 

6 minutes ago, bitty said:

Who was the guy with the pet cat ? I might have remembered that when I started here unless I remember discussion about it. I just looked at my profile and I joined May of 2014 

Ivy cat was his handle. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, MTO said:

Red211

Just talked to Randy.  He's doing well, just real busy.  Thinks he'll make it to DuQuoin, and plans to jump back on here when he gets time.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Ivy cat was his handle. 

Yes I remember that now

35 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Ivy cat was his handle. 

I forgot all about him. 

1 hour ago, bitty said:

yes rick departed post haste..then ivy cat

• Like 1