Speaking of MIA members, Updraft

MTO

As I see 560Dennis disappeared TWICE, that`s quite an act...

But ole` Charlie aka Updraft has been gone quite awhile.

PMed him a year ago and he was doing bladder cancer treatments and was doing ok.

He also cares for his disabled wife and his kitty cats.

If you`re out there Charlie, hoping all is well and may God bless you. 

• Like 12

That can be a tough cancer. My dad died of it April 11. But his pain is gone and he in the arms of Jesus. It has been different for me. Field cultivating the other day and keep expecting him to drive up with his golf cart. 

• Sad 6

9 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

That can be a tough cancer. My dad died of it April 11. But his pain is gone and he in the arms of Jesus. It has been different for me. Field cultivating the other day and keep expecting him to drive up with his golf cart. 

I am sorry for the loss of your dad.

Although they can be sad, memories such as yours also reminds you where you came from and the good times you shared with your father. 

I lost my dad back in 2015 and sometimes when I am doing something we used to do together, he will show up (in a memory) and I will smile. Somehow it is a comfort to me. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

Offering my sincerest condolences. Trust me, you will cherish those memories for a lifetime.

If it wasn't for all the memories I shared with my Dad being around our IH dealer and IH equipment on our farm growing up in the 1980s, who knows what would have been in store for me otherwise in my life. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cedar farm said:

I offer you my sincere condolences on the loss of your father.  May you cherish his memory evermore.

My condolences on the loss of your dad, but it sounds like you're a family of faith.  We know death is defeated, and does not have the final say.  

I also miss seeing updrafts posts, there's a lot of the older generation on here, with much wisdom to share.  I appreciate all of you on here, may the Lord bless and keep you all.

• Like 2

Lost my dad March 6. Dad was still helping with field work last fall, by February he could not get out of bed and into his chair with out my help. He is in a better place now.Spent a lot of days tagging along with him to grandpa's IH dealership when I was a kid.

APF

• Sad 1

Thanks everyone. And to those who have lost a parent I now understand. He was born with cerebral palsy. With my grandma's therapy by age 5 he was walking. He always struggled with his walking and shaking. But he raised crops, livestock and most important four God fearing children. My sister and brother did outstanding video/personal tributes to dad's life at the funeral. If anyone wants to watch it, go to facebook and then "Inwood Christian Reformed church" and scroll down to April 16 Dave DeVries funeral. 

• Like 1

Problem is, if people remain anonymous on here, they may just disappear into the ether. I don't know virtually any of you all personally, and I KNOW my wife doesn't. If I get hit by a bus tomorrow, the few of you that know my name or have my number, will still be in the dark. It's the downside of having internet friends I guess.

I wonder what happened to @Atilathehun99

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Worth Co. farmer said:

Sorry for your loss . I lost my dad to cancer just over a year ago. I miss his advise( kinda like a devils advocate ... this or that might go wrong). I find myself talking to him sometimes.

My dad use to do the same. I am the 4th generation to live on the property where I am at and my father grew up in my front yard. He explained things much in the ways your father did. I lost him Easter morning of '16 to a massive heart attack at 64. Seems every time I'm on a tractor, dozer or trackhoe here on the homeplace I wind up talking to him. I keep expecting to see his truck to pull up late in the evenings like he so often did asking what I got done that day and what my plans for tomorrow are. My son missed out on a lot by being 5 when he died.

9 hours ago, KWRB said:

Problem is, if people remain anonymous on here, they may just disappear into the ether. I don't know virtually any of you all personally, and I KNOW my wife doesn't. If I get hit by a bus tomorrow, the few of you that know my name or have my number, will still be in the dark. It's the downside of having internet friends I guess.

I wonder what happened to @Atilathehun99

I hear you.  Ive met several in person.  Made some friendships etc.  But with handles instead of names.... An i bet most dont have a wife with the pswd to get back on and make a announcement. 

Since dad had CV19 we can "feel" time is short. He wants to help but needs to reat still.  Hes maybe 60% after near 6 weeks since he was 1st able to come out.  Mons tooken him in few times since he thinks he has something wrong and Dr says you need to rest more and it'll take months to feel yourself.  Of course he won't go home like we tell him at noon.  Dont wanna sit in front of tv all afternoon.

Sorry to all of you that have experienced recent loss. Time eases pain but it is never gone completely. Faith is a giant help and I would hate to deal with loss and not have faith.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1