ok dont laugh but?

beachbumtroy

alright dont laugh but i just got 2 farmall`s to mow property with still working on rebuilding carbs and such, but wanted to ask u guys im old and need padding..... so im wanting to put a plusher seat with armrest on both, can any of u tell me where to get padded seats with backrests and armrests for these pacific tractors or do i just have to modify a couple? im looking for something similar to the one in picture but hopefully made to fit, but i`ll modify if not thnx bb

ih seat.jpg

I just bolted a square steel plate on my M Suspension and then bolted a seat similar to your picture to that plate. Million times better than those worthless pan seats in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What he said. Even the most popular old fashioned tractors, there are not modern seats offered for them specifically. They pretty much all (modern economy type seats)  just have the four bolt pattern as in your picture and then you have to add steel and drill holes until they fit. Just do a good job so that it is safe

• Like 1

Try Surpluscenter.com , tractorseats.com, Northerntool.com

What you are looking for is most likely described as a "forklift" or "Garden tractor"  or "generic" replacement seat

• Like 1

IF you're modifying something anyway look at boat seats.

Comfy and easy to mount. 

can even get swivel.

• Like 2

Boat seats are generally weather resistant too.

My 4 post 1486 now has the seat from a dead power wheel chair. It's pretty good but the weather will kill it. I got tired of sitting on metal.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tractorseats.com (K&M) or Hy-Capacity is where you want to buy your tractor seats. They are quality built. They will last. And they bolt right on.

Travis

• Like 2

Something to consider, the suspensions on most Farmalls pre 1963 swing in an arc so if you mount the seat level with the suspension in the fully upright position, the seat will be leaning back pretty heavily when you're sitting on it. Uncomfortable, possibly dangerous should the seat back give out on you, as a lot of the cheaper seat backs are just meant to support your back, not hold your entire weight. The pan seat being curved still supports your... bottom I guess... being curved and starting leaned forward some.

You may want to consider replacing the entire seat suspension with something more modern. Air ride.

Also, cheap seats are not plush.

wow appreciate all the replies, u guys are really helpful.........i will look at all sites and go from there but just to answer matts question i know one is a 1948 fcub im working on id....ing the other, guys from this site on another post have helped me narrow down the year to 1953 or 1954, i`ll thro in 2 pix of them for u to see now and these pix are before i start working on them...... thnx for ur help and ideas thus far :)

1948 cub.jpg

12 volt farmall.jpg

Oh ok, that helps a lot. The one on the bottom looks familiar. Were you on the Cub site or the YT site?

Cubs just have the pogo stick seat suspensions so it will be easy-peasy to fit a modern seat to the bottom. Worst case you need to make an adapter plate.

the 1 on top is the 48 cub 6volt..........the one on bottom is what we think is a 1953 or 1954 what model do u think it is and its 12 volt? and the girls at steiner helped me with top picure model& year were still working on bottom any thoughts?

It's a mutt but how much of a mutt will require some forensic analysis. It has the 47-54 hood with the 59-63 side emblems and the 59-63 4-bar grille.

You could have a much newer chassis under an old hood, or maybe the previous owner just liked to spend money on decorations.

If you don't have a serial tag on the right side of the steering housing, look for date codes on the engine block, bell housing, transmission, final drives... They will be in a format of MM+DD+Y, where Y is a letter and the +'s are impressions of screw heads on the cast metal.

On 4/26/2021 at 8:11 PM, Diesel Doctor said:

We won't laugh, the roids appreciate padding and comfort.

Well I took some heat after installing a comfy office type chair on my TD9 (that has a canopy).. but it sure has been more comfy than what I had before .. and I use it often .. 

• Like 3

I bought a K&M white Tombstone seat, what was optional on the 56-series FARMALL's from EASY BOB Tractor Parts,  now Devon's Tractor Parts and picked it up at the second Half Century of Progress show.  Great seat by the way. The only thing that would have been better was if Bob had let me plow a round or two with his 856.   

THE following Saturday I hunted up a piece of 1/4" thk plate and drilled 4 holes to fasten the plate onto the seat suspension, and locate and drill SEVEN holes in the plate to fasten the seat to the plate, the seat bottom had seven threaded inserts.  Quick adjustment to the seat suspension and that seat has been PURE HEAVEN ever since.  16 years later the seat still looks new.  4 inches of good foam rubber with great naugahyde white vinyl covering over the seat bottom & back, 2 inches of foam rubber and black naugahyde vinyl covering the folding arm rests.  My only regret is I didn't install a seat like that in 1968 soon as we got the tractor.

alright heres the numbers and a few pix in the hopes that u can tell me exact model and so on? and also what motor if possible, to order parts for and lastly lol (for now) what ind of oil do u guys think to use and remember im in hot as? florida thnx bb

right behind clutch pedal..1.13.R..........next to that..351686 R1..............right side brake plate...350806 R2........

left side hydraulic pump..2.20.Y... below that...354383 R3....left side below firing order...(looks like) 10.16.J  .....below that ....251341 R7

anything else u guys need to kn or pix just ask? thnx matt and steiner think it is a 1953 or 54 and it is the 2nd picture above thnx again

behindclutchpedal.jpg

belowfiringorder.jpg

belowfiringorder2.jpg

besideclutchpedal.jpg

leftsidehydraulicpump.jpg

engine3.jpg

engine9.jpg

leftsidehydraulicpump.jpg

rightsidebrakeplate.jpg

12 minutes ago, beachbumtroy said:

right behind clutch pedal..1.13.R..........next to that..351686 R1..............right side brake plate...350806 R2........

left side hydraulic pump..2.20.Y... below that...354383 R3....left side below firing order...(looks like) 10.16.J  .....below that ....251341 R7

It's a mutt, made from parts of multiple tractors.. R is 1948. Y is 1953. J is 1964. Though that J could be a U which would make it 1951.

Way back, one of our neighbors had a very nice little Cub  (probably about a 49-50 with all cultivators, planters and hydraulics) on a small tobacco acreage in Low Country South Carolina. Yep, a Cub was the tractor after replacing a mule.  It was magneto, electric start but the battery was always bad.  I never got the hang of crank starting the  engine. I could spin it like a top and it wouldn't start. It always started for my Dad in about one good turn over unlessI had gotten it flooded. 

In the early 60's Cubs were very common Mule replacement  in that area, basically small subsistence farms.