The IH Summer-Fall Buyer’s Guide for 1972

IHhogfarmer

Love the long axles on the 1066 hydro!

Any chance of scanning the rest?

You scan  with a scanner. These days they are part of the printer, copier, scanner.

The first scanner i saw was back in 87. I was studying engineering at the university and a friend got one for some research project. It was several thousand dollars! On of the first things I saw scanned was a page in a Hustler magazine...

Thx-Ace 

12 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Are you close to Canyon? I’m thinking of going to WT for school in the Fall of ‘22

No, l live near Abilene, which is probably 250 miles or so from Canyon.

I remember my dad getting that when I was a kid.  He also got the JD Long Green Line catalog and the Oliver-White brochure.  I wish that I had hid them away instead of wearing them out back in the day.  A neighbor had a 650 forage harvester like the one in the OP's S-F BG.  Most of the neighborhood had a 56 blower as a part of their operations.  

• Like 2

There's an app you can get for your phone (both IOS or Android) called Microsoft Lens. If your phone has got a decent camera you can scan with it , the app then gives you options to either save to your camera roll, or if you have email setup on your phone there's an option to email jpegs. I've used it quite a bit and it works well. I usually scan and then email the jpegs to myself so I can easily save them onto my computer. 

Here's an example of a Letz Feed Grinder brochure I scanned with the app, i'd say it's just as good as doing it with a machine.  

Hope this helps!

IMG_6742.JPG

• Thanks 1

And there's some good youtube tutorials on using the app if you end up trying it and have any trouble.

On 4/27/2021 at 1:52 PM, 55cub said:

I had never seen or heard of a 2 way disc plow. It's shown on page 16.

The one hooked up is a roll over and normal bottoms

The pic one with disc is basically a switch plow it appears but with disc instead of the shares