Sandhiller

Lazy WP

South?

Rain showers coming in late Monday lasting all day Tues.

Heads up, river hill may be a bit slick. Take a run for it and stay left. The spring two thirds the way up on right is flowing good and a tire trap for sure.

Don't have anything goin on yet, I'll watch for ya!

17 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

South?

Rain showers coming in late Monday lasting all day Tues.

Heads up, river hill may be a bit slick. Take a run for it and stay left. The spring two thirds the way up on right is flowing good and a tire trap for sure.

Don't have anything goin on yet, I'll watch for ya!

I am going to come in from the west. Last year I about lost it half up. Had a reefer follow me down. Not sure which of us were more nervous!!

Take your time, washboards are getting bad in a couple places. Bounces the tractor and processor pretty good if I don't slow down.

Won't see a blade till after we get a good rain. 

• Thanks 1

I still think that it’s funny that we haul potatoes to Idaho from Nebraska. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Speaking of potatoes, why don't we hear about Maine potatoes anymore?  A regional market only?

I bought a bag of potatoes that made a great point of mentioning that they had been raised on a portion of the former XIT ranch up in the Texas Panhandle, and I remember a Frito-Lay commercial showing a farmer near Edinburg, TX, which is in the LRGV that grew potatoes for them.

13 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

Speaking of potatoes, why don't we hear about Maine potatoes anymore?  A regional market only?

I bought a bag of potatoes that made a great point of mentioning that they had been raised on a portion of the former XIT ranch up in the Texas Panhandle, and I remember a Frito-Lay commercial showing a farmer near Edinburg, TX, which is in the LRGV that grew potatoes for them.

Not sure about that Art.

It is a possibility that the seed potatoes on those operations came from here SW of Cody. 

They are raised here because of the soil and isolation. Kind of a biosecurity thing I guess.

Big money involved. 

They don't want any of us raising potatoes in our gardens. 

If we stop over they will give us all we want. 

First time I ever ate a purple tater?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

As a traditionalist, BUT NOT a Luddite, I do NOT think I could bring myself to eat a "purple potato".

Sounds racist to me.....??

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

We haul lots of potatoes to the Dalhart Texas area. Some back into Wisconsin. I have been out to Oregon with Cody tators. For a town of 140? Cody has quite an impact on the tator world. 

13 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Did you make it out Nick?

Rain was a bust.

Have a safe trip

Yep. Got in Monday night about 7. Got loaded about 10 Tuesday morning and got out to Bancroft Idaho 10 Tuesday night. Sitting at Simplot in Rock Springs Wyoming waiting to load fertilizer back to Gordon. Still want to make it to Portales New Mexico this week but I might have bigger plans than time will allow. 

• Like 1